Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Specifically a sakotis

Wikipedia describes the process of making one as both time and labor intensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

deadly_pudding posted:

I want to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's a chocolate souffle? My grandmother used to make cheese souffle that came in a similarly dome-like configuration.

Google tells me it's a tourteau fromager. The crust is burnt, but it's that way on purpose.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I need this.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VileLL posted:

Neither could he, to be fair

:drat:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky posted:

Everything about that pizza looks hateful. Crust too thick, cheese looks pallid and there's too much of it, tomato sauce looks pinkish and viscous, and though I love anchovies on pizza, you don't just plop them out of a can to sit atop the mantle of cheese in all their oily splendor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDi3xBmYY4E

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

the hottest new trend, malconstructed food

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 09:43 on Jun 10, 2016

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Found another one

Judging from the flat bottoms, I'd say those are just glasses made to resemble lightbulbs

At least, I hope

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A Swedish classic

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Potato skins are entirely personal preference, we may as well be discussing whether juice is better with or without pulp.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EorayMel posted:

cross posting from gbs:

Make your own AFP McDonalds burger here!

https://buildyourburger.mcdonalds.com.au/

example:

I feel like whatever ideas come out of this will never match none pizza with left beef.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Titus Sardonicus posted:

I never put salt on anything, just because it never crosses my mind to do so. My dad had pretty bad hypertension when I was younger, so we all went on a low-salt diet with him for whatever reason, so I'm pretty much used to it. My wife, on the other hand, puts a ton of salt in everything, even if it's salted during cooking, and she thinks I'm the crazy one. Maybe the answer, like always, is in the middle???

No, no I'm pretty sure you're the crazy one here

Zipperelli. posted:

Apparently (according to my buddy who is a sous chef) it's somewhat insulting to the chef; basically saying that what he prepared isn't seasoned or tasty enough.

I've heard this a lot, but I've yet to ever meet anybody who's actually offended by that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

You should at least try it as intended. How would you know you want to add salt or whatever if you didn't do that, anyway?

Who said anything about not tasting it first?

e: okay, cyberia did, but that was apropos of nothing

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

:getin:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mizuti posted:

Now, why the vendor is continuing to casually make and sell these treats while bees are diving into the dough and infesting the finished product, I have no idea.

The title of the video is "bees swarm calm street vendor in China"

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

whiteyfats posted:

Interesting point, but have you considered the fact that mayonnaise is loving disgusting food for fats and kids?

This is true but only for the cheap stuff you buy in stores, real mayonnaise is hell of good

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C19MdWxcEfI

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

Yes, there are two factors. One is that if the chicken is raised properly it won't be any more dangerous than beef and you can eat it raw if you want.

The problem with raw chicken isn't (just) how they're raised, but how they're prepared after being slaughtered. In America, I don't know about other places, it's standard practice to soak the birds in a vat of water before packaging. This makes them juicer, adds extra weight so they can charge you more, and is the main reason you want to cook them thoroughly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A bit late for the Bar-S chat, but I give those things to my dog as treats. She seems to like them a lot more than milk bones.