Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

New thread? Time to celebrate!

(That's how cakes I bake turn out too, to be fair to this person)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

To bring back a topic from the last thread, can someone give me a quick explanation of how people don't get sick eating steak tartar? I always thought raw beef/egg would be a guaranteed trip to salmonella/e.coli town, or did my head just get filled with old wives tales when I was younger?

Most places that serve it have butchers on hand or have access to fresh beef from a quality farm. If you were getting it from a factory farm then yeah that would be a concern because of the generally gross conditions but there's no inherent risk in eating raw beef that's been well kept/prepared

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

As promised, I have returned with "bio cheese".

I don't know what it has to do with faith-based fasting, but other than that it all seems pretty straight-forward. Well, except for the "vegan flavours" listed in the ingredients. But whatever those are, they're not animal products, gluten, soy, lactose, palm oil or genetically modified.

What good is cheese if you can't eat it on crackers? And you can eat this on crackers. It's kind of cheesy. The flavour and texture is sort of half way between cheap cheddar (like Coles Smart Buy tasty cheddar) and processed cheese (like Kraft singles). Fairly bland, fairly inoffensive. But I notice that it also claims to be "easy melt", and that seems like a claim that must be tested.

It doesn't look very melted but it turns out it just holds its shape disturbingly well. It's actually very soft, almost liquidy now. It has a very smooth texture, and a more interesting flavour as well, almost like a bechamel sauce.

Straight out of the pack it's entirely unremarkable, but melting definitely improves it. I actually quite like it. I'm impressed really. It's a serviceable replacement for cheese in sandwiches and would probably work pretty well on pasta, maybe even on pizza. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but I'd happily eat it again.

Did... you make a peanut butter bio-cheese grilled cheese?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sirbeefalot posted:

If you ever feel like it can't get any worse, just take a bite of a vegan/gluten free donut. That is the bottom of the barrel. I've never tasted anything else that made me feel as defeated.

I didn't know donuts had skeletons

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Samizdata posted:

EVERYTHING has skeletons! :spooky:

Ahh! :stare:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Real talk: I eat a few vegan meals every now and then because they're actually made well and don't pretend to be anything else. Except for grilled portabello caps as a burger substitute because it's loving amazing.

That being said, the following classic is not one of those meals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNgA06xE_Ng

Also, does anyone have that video of the lady from Boston who made gluten free bread or something, admits it tastes like poo poo, then keeps eating anyway? I love her.

This ladies meal is crazy, but she's 100% self aware about it and seems really cool. I can't really fault her and it doesn't look like it's unhealthy or anything from the look of her

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

Well, the McOZ is Australia wide and has Beetroot. Apparently the NZ version is called a Kiwiburger and is the same thing but with an egg.

Where's our egg McDonalds?

Dude breakfast is 24/7 now, they can put an egg on your burger whenever you drat well please

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hope I never get to the point in my life where I can't justify buying pickles for myself

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Speaking of, I saw this in the funny pictures thread.

:laffo: every time.

Was this based off of FYAD's Wayne Gretzkys guy fieri menu? It's even written similarly but it's obviously not him.

quote:

Guy Fieri’s Rock-N-Roll Sushi BBQ

Seven Hamurai Roll $8.99

Sea weeds wrapped around five chicken nuggetz inside a Soy Sauce Toaster Struedle marinated in honey mayo, mayo, spice mayo, mayo mayo and hairs from a brave dog that got shot by the pig police for trying to bite president obama to stop letting gay people get in the army.

Lumberjack Snack $113.95

Guy Fieri’s signature snack dish! Doritos, whip cream, caramel, and root beer injected into a Hot Pocket drained and stuffed with the signature ingredients. This slow cooked, oven roasted delight comes with a TAPOUT T-shirt, with Quenten Rampayge Jacksen’s autograph on the back.

Let The Sushis Hit Your Mouth $13.45

One: nothing wrong with rice. Two: nothing wrong with hot dogs. Three: nothing wrong with spaghetti noodles. Four: nothing wrong with Rock Star Energy Drink Glaze and then it gets fried and served inside a miniature custom Jesse James Hogster Chopper driven to your table by a real life Midget with a tattoo of a loving Eagle on his hosed up midget neck

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Aww, aren't you an adorable little bunch of dough bal-

"Kill... Us..."

Burst out laughing at this. They're screaming

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I think if you're in the vicinity of Radio City, there's a hundred better restaurants than Carnegie Deli. Especially if you're one of the tourists willing to walk more than 3 blocks.

I think he'd agreeing with you and saying it's a touristy bucket list kind if thing

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Why did she leave the cardboard on the bottom of the cakes?? :psyduck:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

My brother used to eat Spaghetti-Os (with meatballs) for breakfast in elementary school, almost every day. In 2nd grade, he threw up in the morning all over the hallway. My class was next to his and my teacher went to see the hub-hub. She looks at the red and yellow mass of puke that came out, and began deriding him. "Pasta? You had pasta for breakfast?"

That's my Spaghetti-Os story

Our home-ec teacher in 8th grade told us pizza was a pretty good and nutritious breakfast and I loved her for it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Looks like the beginning of an LA beast episode

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinary Novel posted:

I think it's because instead of the lovely Rotel-Velveeta concoction with some chopped spinach in it, they had to microwave a freaking TGIF spinach dip and then add it. Like they went through more work and more money to make something less good.

Yeah its the same reason Sandra Lee is so funny. You're taking an already finished standalone product and adding poo poo that can't possibly actually improve it. It's a "recipe" in the same way that putting together a McGangbang is one

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

serious norman posted:

nice focus and flash on that camera

It's like found footage cooking

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

SHUT UP!! Dunkaroo Dip.

Jesus I wasn't even going to say anything, overly defensive recipe macro

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Simply Simon posted:

Mom made dessert.

So that's made out of the mom, right?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ForcedKen posted:

gas station food eaten in a cheap hotel room

If you're on the road all day and about to collapse in exhaustion but you have enough energy to pick up or order food to your Motel 6 or whatever you're staying in this type of poo poo tastes like the most amazing thing you've ever consumed

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This thing is called a cereal beetle. That's vaguely food related enough to post it right? It's gross and I want you to imagine biting into it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

Cereal beetles are leaf eaters. This one is full of parasite wasp larvae eating it in turn.

Hey usually you're good with animal facts! :colbert: That one does have one parasite in it but the rest of the "larvae" are actually a fecal shield.

http://thebuggeek.com/tag/fecal-shield/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bugs are bad food. At best, they vaguely taste like nuts. Just eat nuts instead. Nuts don't have exoskeletons or an acidy aftertaste

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Looks like an art installation to me

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

This thread is bringing back memories.

When I was about 4 or 5, the daycare I was at served a disgusting mid-summer "treat" called "Tuna Cone". It was basically tuna, mayonnaise, pickle relish, onions and Dijon mustard served in an Ice cream cone. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but it looked about as unappetizing as you'd think.

Considering how sensitive and over-tasting kids taste buds are that thing had to have been every single child's nightmare. No kid likes relish, onions or Dijon mustard. The gently caress were they thinking? Some people seriously just have no idea how to prepare food for children

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

Bollocks. The only reason that children don't eat the same as adults is because their coddling parents think that they are special unique snowflakes who once turned their nose up at an olive so now only give them fish sticks and chicken nuggets, because relish is just too pungent for my special sweet darling and his delicate tastebuds, get away from him with that bread don't you know that gluten is poisonous we only drink almond milk and eat whole grain bark

Nope. And forcing kids to eat stuff that tastes way too strong to them because you like it is a good way to discourage them from wanting to try new foods. Kids can be receptive to a lot of foods generally considered to be "adult" foods if you don't make it a punishing experience to finish their plates even if they hate it.

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/difference-between-taste-buds-adults-kids-27362.html
http://food.ndtv.com/health/forced-eating-does-no-good-to-children-783382

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't really know much about mate but it looks pretty gross for a drink

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Orbitz was super awful. Even kid me thought they were bullshit while all the other kids were all about them

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I always expect to like bubble tea but the tapioca balls taste and feel like Vaseline and I see no redeeming upside to it whatsoever

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SC Bracer posted:

A means to afp.

My new roommate brought the mac and cheese one when he moved in and I mocked him relentlessly. He used it once and it gave the mac and cheese really shiny appearance and it apparently had an odd aftertaste, possibly because he didn't wash it first.

I do most of the cooking in the house, surprisingly

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 09:49 on Apr 14, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The hot dog one was cool cause it was a bunch of regional and country specific dogs. The pizza one just seems like "these are things that either are or resemble a pizza"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Most of these I totally would eat, also mind reposting the Hot Dog one?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gridlocked posted:

Once again left to right, top to bottom.

Nope, Nope, Nope, Would, Nope, Nope, Would, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Would, Would, Would, Nope, Would, Nope, Would, Would, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Would, Would, Would, Nope, Nope, Would, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope.

Wtf did hotdogs do to you

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

There's easy access to many other sources of protein now, we don't have to eat dicks anymore.

Maybe you don't have to but some of us didn't exactly choose our careers missy

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not frozen, but my mom used to buy these things for me and my friends from costco all the time and we'd eat them right after we'd get home from highschool. They were surprisingly delicious but loving terrible for you

There is no pride in microwaving an entire, already prepared cheeseburger and shoving it into your face

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Can't expect Americans to recognise unprocessed food

You can buy bread that's made in-house at pretty much any major American grocery store that looks exactly like that

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

To put it in perspective, this is food that I get on a better day working in a Taiwanese school:

Deep fried banana, spicy squid, red porkish meat, veggies, corn soup. This is a better day.

That looks great but I'm concerned that you said "porkish" instead of pork

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
These are supposedly pankcakes

holy poo poo this is a big image

Somebody has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Those are some thick loving pancakes and what is that bubbling out of the one at the bottom?

puss