Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Prism posted:

It's more like really flat sponge, but yeah it all looks like that. Injera is a sourdough-type flatbread; it's a bit fermented (like sourdough) so it's a little sour and has the bubbles on one side, but doesn't really rise.

it's more than a little sour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that's not the kind of gray color I'm looking for in my food

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

All of a sudden everyone could afford a freezer and pack it full of processed food.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

served piping hot

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

fruit sandwiches

sorry what

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ew dude

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

too much syrup

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah I remember back when nobody ate rare meat

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

standard bachelor chow

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

onions don't count as vegetables everyone knows that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that pickle beer is loving vile

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Now that I have to wear a mask at work coffee is out

I can either drink it all at once so I don't have to keep loving with the mask, and get even hotter and sweatier in the unairconditioned warehouse, or drink a bit and then no longer be bothered to move the mask until I forget about it and let it get cold

well, relatively cold

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

moldy coffee filter is nothing

I once forgot about some rice I made with chicken stock in a rice maker for a couple of months

the fermented rice goop was so stringy

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

maple is fuckin nasty

come at me canucks

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well I thought it was the stone at first but upon closer inspection I think it's just lovely crust

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

from watching mre videos a lot of eastern / central European rations have several portions of pate

Pate seems like something I could get into despite looking kinda gross

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's reviewbrah approved

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Is it an unusual thing where you live? It's nice, basically seasoned meat spread. Can taste a little bit metallic because it's supposed to be made of liver but I like it, goes really well on toast with some blue cheese, I eat it for breakfast though I grant it may be a little intense for breakfast for some people :v:

If you get a chance, regular old potted beef is nice too, has more texture than pate, more fibrous, and comes with an edible butter cap that you spread with the beef. It's just spreadable roast beef, really, again very nice on toast and pleasantly salty and rich with the butter mixed in.

It's more or less literally this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKzWQOVET4

I like his channel because he cooks quite a few things that are just normal food up here :v: Pease pudding is the other one I think of. Sadly potted beef is harder to find than pease pudding which is a real shame because I do like it, you only really get it from a small butcher or something that I know of.

I'm sure it's a available, but I don't know anyone who eats it

and yeah I am intimately familiar with my boy James Townsend

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

rutabaga (aka swede)

whoa

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

Yeah in the US we use the Swedish word for Swede, lol

this video is the only reason I knew what a swede was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73V2g1tYVqk

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm Texan and I'm intrigued by skyline chili spaghetti, or more specifically the giant pile of cheese on top of it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

We've all known the pain of powering through the last bit of hotdog that sticks out of the bun without anything to mask the lip and anus taste, but I don't think I could power through that.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mushy peas are really good but it's actually pretty hard to find the right kind of peas for them here in America. Pretty much all of the peas at grocery stores are sweet baby peas and make for mushy peas that are way too sweet

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nah bro that is clearly seasoning salt

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

White gravy is a thing, I think mainly based in the south, where they make a totally separate sauce without meat drippings or whatever and call that gravy.

nah it's made in the same skillet as the sausage

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

keep the culver name out your mouth

but like, still eat there, you know what I mean

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

crosspost from Texas thread, my rep's mournful "brisket"

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1342272236099661824

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I always eat black eyed peas but never heard of greens for new years

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

always had black eyed peas for new years in Texas, but part of my family is pretty drat country so that's where we got it from

my great grandma was extremely superstitious. wouldn't sweep after dark, and way more poo poo like that I can't remember. one time my mom was playing with the chickens, and when one of the hens crowed she RAN over to wring its neck

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wow holy poo poo that's expensive for dominos

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

five guys is hella overpriced in America, too

they should offer a hose down service at the exit of all five guys imo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

I sound myself with a dry noodle, let it moisten over the day of peeing around it....call it penne pasta

mods?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can dig hash browns on a burg , but those are not the correct type of hash browns

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pickles are great, ice cold and on the side

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ketchup is tomato and vinegar fam, there’s no rule that says you need to sweeten it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkExpbnjsX8

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

when jalapeno ketchup was invented, regular ketchup became obsolete

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Most restaurants serve muscles.

you're not supposed to say it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it really is uncanny how much cilantro tastes like soap if you have the gene

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TheAardvark posted:

and even weirder is just how tasty soap is :yum:

well it definitely isn't bad enough to stop me from eating Mexican food, I tell you what

the only stuff that is intolerable is like ceviche or mediterranean coriander potatoes that use metric fuckloads of it

Fartington Butts posted:

Does coriander gently caress up cilantro non-tasters as well?

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the only thing missing is the ghost orb