Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Scathach posted:

Well I just tried mustard-flavored chips, thinking I'd have something to share. Nope, tasty as gently caress.

Have this instead.

I'll have that with fries, please
Well, would if could, but doubt that

Perhaps I'll have this instead:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I have some sauerkraut that needs eating. I might try a Crash Cab for supper and do a trip report.

What kind of bun goes with one of those?

I put all of that, minus bacon on some naan because that's what was on the counter, and I enjoyed it. Tastes like a bunch of delicious things mashed together, and that works for me.

e: I skimped on the more sauerkraut bit, because there wasn't much left, and I wasn't sure if the jalapeņos and onions were supposed to be cooked. Are they normally cooked when on hot dogs?

Polyseme has a new favorite as of 10:52 on Apr 18, 2016

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

cash crab posted:

Speaking of firm slurries

My roommate likes to make large curry dishes, not finish them, and then leave them out overnight because WHY NOT

I'm sure it tasted great, but it's a little nauseating to look at.

I refuse to refrigerate things like curry if I'm going to eat them in a few hours / when I wake up. Also pizza, rice, and anything else the cold will ruin and require me to effort to fix. For things like curry and rice, though, the flavour changes and becomes more uniform so it's at least a slightly different experience. Like leftover pizza.

e: I don't have top-of-page content, and won't make any because of leftover pizza.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

How do you live with yourself?

Also, I usually just cram leftovers into a pita so I can eat it at something other than a table, so that's cool. Also how I justify eating leftover salad before it starts become worse than salad somehow.

e: I can't quote correctly.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Have and would again. I mean, not like that. We just used an ice-cube tray.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

cash crab posted:

"TWO shots of vodka"

I want to cook with her.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

EorayMel posted:

Eat and drink!
EAT AND DRINK!
EAT AND DRINK!

Wrong thread, friend.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Album, if that's your thing: https://imgur.com/a/aw262

Reddit explanation if that's your thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/4lhlmo/tifureally_badly_making_kraft_mac_n_cheese/

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

NewFatMike posted:

I feel like posting Meatloaf Princess videos in this thread is kind of like the fails of the week in the schadenfreude thread. Everyone knows they're there, but getting them posted is nice. I said "No loving way" multiple times on this one. God bless Meatloaf Princess and God bless America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE76vWIj4CU

tagfixing

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Cumslut1895 posted:

Can you even get Milo outside of NZ/UK

Of course.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

How did they find my dorm, and why did they throw sausage in my dinner?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm not sure what's up with the horrible chickens you guys experienced - I got nine of them in my backyard. They never attack anyone except their food and are hilarious to watch.
Also they are vicious assholes and everyone should thank their favorite deity that chickens are the size they are.

"But this was no chicken. It was evil manifest."

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Sorry, I'm out. Can't find an adult to help.

Leave this thread up while making the dish. Our combined effective ages put us close enough to the adult you need deserve. Bonus points for leaving up the PYF lifehacks thread as well.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Pyrotoad posted:

I wonder if the steamed horse is like a steamed pork bun. That could actually be good.

Would anyone like some chocolate caviar?

Wrong thread for that video, friend.

e:

poop dood posted:

i would describe myself as an egg and beer queer

:same:

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Pyrotoad posted:

I'm sure it's tasty. I just find spherical gel food kinda odd.

What about this vegan gluten free samosa?

That is an awful video. But I mean, that's just besan made into a dough, and if he were frying them I'd call that a hosed up pakora-thing. But it looks delicious. Hell, I just made some besan earlier while my father looked on in confusion. I'm making pakoras later, is what I'm saying.

Keep posting videos, I need more ideas. I'm just mad I can't make the chocolate caviar mini-balls without going to the store.

e: We have radically different concepts of what looks like good food, it seems. Come visit and cook with me.

e2: I'll post content when I inevitably do it wrong, and end up with monstrosities. Who needs recipes, when you can listen to cooking-unrelated podcasts instead?

Polyseme has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Aug 26, 2016

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

That's just baked ziti.

Always looks terrible when portioned out, though.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Not sure what's going on, there.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

steinrokkan posted:

Pls post that goon who made that cured (rotten) ham that looked like a human leg, even with a sock still on it.

No sock, but were you looking for this?

e:

Because I have sympathy for people that don't want to click through on the Awful app.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

MasterFugu posted:

that's a reposted image(from facebook iirc), said goon didn't actually make that but is just trolling.

See, I like this because I don't actually understand what's gone wrong.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Pomp posted:

a fresh pizza, straight out of the oven, should definitely ooze cheese all over your cutting board.

you also shouldn't cut it that hot but you can tell that to my freshly burned tongue

No, you were right, don't cut it. Floor, a animal, you know the drill.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

CommonShore posted:

This reminds me what happened when I had a BBQ for a community group I volunteer for. I grilled up some skewers of onion and one of roast garlic for people to put on burgers or potatoes or whatever, and a totally :3: Chinese mom came up and took the skewer of roast garlic with the biggest smile on her face and she just ate the whole thing straight up.

Got called out at a family gathering for doing this. No regrets, garlic is delicious.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Synthbuttrange posted:

http://i.imgur.com/F62D00T.mp4

How pidgeon flavoured flour is made

A friend asked if I wanted to see this and I declined. Thank you, goons, I hate you all. Alternately Oh hey, is this how Dr. Shuu operates in bulk, then?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Have some corrections:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWwWYy89Vi4

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

bunnyofdoom posted:

No? Is this a trick question?

It's food and it's terrible, but direct all ire at the first can not the rest.

Content edit:

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Why would you p-

RareAcumen posted:

If not, this sure does.

But, being serious now.
Oh. Okay

I'm making this next time I wander into HT with friends, tipsy, and with a spare $5 in my pocket because this thread is where I get bad ideas. Well, I assume that's terrible macaroni salad on a bad mozz stick on baby spinach on a flour tortilla.
Ditto. This I assume to be terrible hot sauce on pre-shredded cheese on yellow mustard on burritos of indeterminate kind. Still in.
I can put ice cream in ramen, and I could do it today. Or something like that.
No. No. That looks like chocolate ice cream in there, and I refuse.
Tell me what this is so I can make it, or sadly acknowledge to myself that I can't eat that.

Fake edit: That last one is pulled pork mac'n'cheese. Would if I ate pork.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

CommonShore posted:

Red onions in balsamic vinegar

CannonFodder posted:

I hope those are caramelized onions. Please please please be caramelized onions.

I hope you're all right at the same time.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Was gonna say "Stop posting my dinners" but then I realized I can't eat most of that. What the hell is that 3rd thing?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Chin Strap posted:

What war the YouTube comedy series about some fake cooking show people kept suggesting in this thread?

efb

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Dewgy posted:

Salty frosting. Yum! :3:

Would eat salty frosting on a savory cake.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

https://twitter.com/jasonvolack/status/796103690398691328

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Astrobastard posted:

... tongue burn and profuse sweating.

???

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I mean, isn't the dark secret of summer camp that if you're young, having fun and getting a poo poo load of exercise basically all food tastes like the best food you've ever had? You could probably hand kids a unheated can of refried beans and a spoon after a long day of camp and they would devour it like it was a slurpee being poured from the holy grail.

Not quite. I distinctly remember food at Boy Scout camps tasting like nothing, topped off with a mandatory Ensure or something which is fine, but not quite ambrosia. Also, Slush Puppies served on porch full of wasps.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

I mean, I would.

I would not, however, eat this

from http://imgur.com/gallery/9riW4

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

GrandpaPants posted:

Does anyone have this pizza video in question? I think it was some South American place, and I distinctly remember adding like 3 olives at the end with flair, like he thought he had accomplished something besides created an abomination of pizza (which, while it does not have rules, definitely has standards of quality). I also remember chopping at it instead of slicing it.
This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

please explain

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

cash crab posted:

I work in a kitchen, therefore,

Anyway. We closed the restaurant a few months back for a couple of days because a woman found a two-inch cockroach in her soup, right at the bottom. My favourite part is that a) she asked to have the soup replaced, with another soup and b) still ate her entree.

Look, if the roach is in the soup, that means you gotta eat it: if it ain't, you don't.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

:same: