Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

A fair amount of American places have fries like that, just not Taco Bell. As an American, I'm not sure I would trust fries from a place that only does Mexican food (unless it's carne asada fries from a little taqueria or something).

When I was in college in LA we used to make fun of Del Taco (∇ Taco) for being so gringo they had loving french fries

It was otherwise unheard-of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But I'm pleased to have learned today that Canadian Taco Bell deserves that Whitest Thing Imaginable award I was ready to give it in my mind.

That's a stunt on par with claiming to have invented KFC in Calgary.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Inzombiac posted:

I get chided sometimes because I like a garden burger over a regular one sometimes but I still have it with an egg or bacon.

That must give your waiter/waitress a good chuckle when they're out of earshot

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Solice Kirsk posted:

giardiniera ketchup

outta my way

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But if you're eating at the Carnegie Deli it's not because you're there for the day-to-day practicality, it's because you've got tickets to Radio City in two hours and you've already budgeted for a night to regret, so $25 for a pile of dry pastrami while crammed into a phone-booth-sized table while people mill around you with no room to even stand sounds like a good way to pass the time

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Ferret King posted:

Can you give me an example of the correct pronunciation?

lih-KOOR?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Picnic Princess posted:

What is the tip of the pizza supposed to even be if she's wearing a bra to cover her cheese tits? It ain't clothes I tell you what

This would be true in a world that had not invented the thigh split dress

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Somewhat Nachos is how I will introduce myself one day

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's named after a US chocolate maker whose founder had the last name German, not actual Teutonic people, if it helps any.

A weird cake IMO. I like coconut and I like chocolate, but German chocolate cake never quite works.

I've always wondered about this actually, thanks.

I suppose we called it a Freedom Cake during WWII?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

can't breathe

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

cash crab posted:

I will make this the second I can figure out what slices of hot food is

I hope someone today is boiling eggs and referring to them as "the crabs"

under the nonplussed frown of a roommate or significant other

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gridlocked posted:

I like how Dimethylmercury is so bloody dangerous that it's also more-or-less entirely useless.

Though (as the dangerous chemistry thread noted when this came up last), the US military/NASA experimented with using it as a rocket propellant, because of course they did.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

quote:

Currently a service manager at chipotle. All peppers, lettuce, and tomatoes now come pre shredded and washed. Steak also now is pre cooked (well heated in hot water before being shipped to us).. Really the only in house prep we still do is dicing onions and jalapeņos and making guac. Everything else is coming pre shredded and ready to serve at a central kitchen. Edit: no changes to chicken. Chicken and steak is still cooked on the grill. Chicken is still in house marinated. Steak is in house marinated as well just comes pre heated already and when we throw it on the grill it's only for 30 seconds each side..

Aw man... :( Sous vide against e.coli.

I guess you can only go for so long before learning the hard way why most restaurants do food shittily: because if you don't, you make people sick.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can't help but think it inevitably ends with you and your friends all drinking a big mug of backwash

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

cbservo posted:

I have a queasy stomach when it comes to gross food in person. One of my old bosses brought Balut to a potluck at work, and once I saw what it was I had to make a mad dash to the bathroom.

I was not alone. My old boss was kind of a dick.

Who in the gently caress interprets "potluck" in this way

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yes but I usually figure bad "luck" at a potluck would mean getting someone's crappy bean casserole, or wanda's macaroni salad

not loving Balut

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Picnic Princess posted:

It's called the Pizza Burger and it's at Boston Pizza in Canada.

I've always enjoyed how Canada has apparently decided that Boston is where pizza comes from

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tiggum posted:

It actually is though, by any reasonable definition.

So unless you're making the stupid and pedantic argument that this solid, edible substance is actually not food because the FDA says so, it's also dumb to argue that it's not cheese.

Call it pedantic, but I love it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Piggly Wiggly was like the first labeled-items-on-shelves supermarket ever. Like actually revolutionary.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I don't think this works as well as the hot dog one.

e: fuckin' loooool at "Mexican", they literally just described the Taco Bell thing

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 14:04 on Apr 14, 2016

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'd happily eat my way through that whole page.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Pasteurized Process Chocolate"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I found the bun to be really... substantial. Like, it held its cylindrical shape really firmly. Seemed extraordinarily dense for a piece of fast food burger chain bread.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Queueing up "IN NATURAL INK" and "BOLOGNA BY THE PIECE" for future thread titles.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Roger Craig posted:

Coming to kfc: popcorn chicken in a waffle bowl, drizzled with syrup
Served with a biscuit and honey, washed down with a large coke

Not at KFC, buster; KFC is Pepsi country

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

deadly_pudding posted:

Standard poop things. If it's that kind of fish with the really delicate bones, just chewing them reduces them to a fine, calcium-rich paste.

I thought the deal was usually that if it's farmed, they keep it in a pond swimming around for like a day with no food so it's empty when they kill it.

If you catch it yourself though, lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pretty sure "peppers" i.e. the capsicum fruits are completely unrelated to "pepper" the berries that you grind

Also pretty sure Pliny the Elder was a wuss and a picky eater :colbert:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sakurazuka posted:

Would but I'm not sure how

Add this to the future thread titles queue

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I geddit

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I believe it's anti-corn smut

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nice redneck jay peg encoding too

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Schubalts posted:

Found an archived version of the site, to relive our candy review nostalgia. http://web.archive.org/web/20031017012940/http://www.bad-candy.com/candies/

Awesome.

Anytime anyone mentions tamarind I think "Gee, I wonder if bad-candy.com has come back to life" and check, inevitably disappointed.

And then I describe it to someone and they tell me "Hey bro, tamarind is good poo poo :colbert: "

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Laserjet 4P posted:

Might have been posted already but I saw this gem in the 'POS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

No pizza rules, but see how far you can make it without saying anything.

I thought I was home free. I was at the end.

And then the putty knife, and I let out a strangled bleat.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also known as "those wet rolled-up things the waitress cuts with scissors at the dim sum place", right?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lately I've been ordering Mexico-market Doritos via Amazon.

They are so good you guys

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cajun squirrel.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

fizzymercy posted:

Duckling is delicious once you get past the bones. Like ortolan but the napkin is a handkerchief covered in tobacco spit.

"Like ortolan", there's an experience we can all relate to

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

The lady at my Taco Bell drive thru is named Kim and I wouldn't describe her as 'peppy' but we do remember each other and she remembers my normal order so maybe TB employees are more human than BK or McD's. Maybe TB sucks slightly less life out of 'em or something. Maybe it's just that they're not overwhelmed like the McDs drive thru people proably are.

My local McDs drivethru is manned by either an earnest Hispanic lady or this middle-late-aged guy with a mustache who frequently tells me to "have a beautiful night".

I think anything on the franchise model is going to be as variable in its service as anything with a standardized menu can possibly be.

(In-n-Out excepted.)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Full slices of cheddar? Where is this magical Subway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I predict it will be yummy but will look dire.