Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Butterfly Valley posted:

I'm quite fastidious about cleaning up as I cook, using downtime to wipe down surfaces or wash whatever's accumulated in the sink, and I do things like reuse stirring spoons or other implements as much as possible. I collect all my trimmings and cuttings in a bowl. By the time I'm serving the meal, I'd say 70% of the dishes are washed and the only things that need to be done after are the plates and cutlery we ate with and whatever the food was served in.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, manages to use more wooden spoons than there are things to stir, things nothing of leaving cracked eggshells to leak onto the countertop and generally leaves the kitchen looking like a whirlwind passed through. Seeing as our general rule is 'if you cook you don't do the dishes' this contributes to me wanting to cook most nights of the week.

Reading this as a Goofus & Gallant comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I swear to god pizza doesn't taste right anymore if you don't wait for it to finish cooking by watching the Pole Position demo over and over and over.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Get you a hot dog and a cup of chili

dip the hot dog in the chili

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The termites might disagree

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

christ

It will never not amaze me that some birds are implausibly smart, while other birds are implausibly dumb

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And they sneer at us for peanut butter, smdh

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LifeSunDeath posted:

The literal beginning of bacon popularity from the turn of the century was a direct marketing campaign from the pork industry to Healthify bacon. It's social media resurgence was also fueled by them but cost less money.

Midcentury food ads and cookbooks full of aspics are funny and all but the weirdest are always the pre-war ones that are obsessed with NOURISHING FOOD FULL OF FAT TO BUILD UP YOUR SCRAWNY KIDS

AND SO DIGESTIBLE !!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

One time, OK, see, one time Travis Bickle's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! ...Kay bye

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He starts laying out the cheese and pepperoni and I’m like wassaaaaap

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Why is this the first time I've ever heard the term "flat"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean I only ever just said "wings", but I guess I never knew there was a different term for the kind that has been trimmed down to just the middle part. Usually I just see those sold as "wings" and I get whatever form of wing they happen to serve.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh poo poo, "drums" isn't just a synonym for "drumsticks"? :aaaaa:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LordSaturn posted:

I suppose I always hoped he was just hanging out with gross people on the side, but no, in hindsight all of that lines up far too perfectly. :smith:

EDIT: I like the shrimp, but what about a fat little bird head?

Or a jar of mayonnaise

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Each one is a permanent scar on our forum soul, put there to remind ourselves

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

dog nougat posted:

I'm kinda hungover and tired today. I'd loving destroy deep fried pizza right now.

I realized I had the ingredients on hand to make this just now https://www.caciqueinc.com/recipes/cotija-crusted-quesadilla/

I would post a photo but it was decidedly not this-thread material

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Same with that fuckin giant pizza-sliced chocolate chip cookie from Papa John's

God drat you for being you Papa John

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fools Infinite posted:

True connoisseurs know that Dominos is best dry aged three days.

That's why my dinner tonight is Sunday's Domino's

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I knew I'd seen that before, and I googled "Pittsburgh style pizza" but got nothing but the usual vague puffery about what sounds like a normal pizza. That's what I was thinking about though

NGL, it sounds tasty as heck, sometimes handfuls of cold shredded cheese is just what I want

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

baw posted:

they do make fried pizzas in napoli and of course they're delicious. and amazingly light considering that they are literally deep fried pizzas

They can't steal our national food! This is an outrage!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Data Graham posted:

I realized I had the ingredients on hand to make this just now https://www.caciqueinc.com/recipes/cotija-crusted-quesadilla/

I would post a photo but it was decidedly not this-thread material

Made these again, took a picture this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pastry of the Year posted:

any excuse to repost one of the funniest things I have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGMAW1wzQ8

*follows him expecting a Blues Brothers concert*