Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Pretty sure beetroot in hamburgers is common all throughout Australia (and maybe NZ?).

Well, the McOZ is Australia wide and has Beetroot. Apparently the NZ version is called a Kiwiburger and is the same thing but with an egg.

Where's our egg McDonalds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

cash crab posted:

I like the little carrot boat.

Carrot Sycee :eng101:

Sycee is an old chinese currency and would be silver or gold ignots. That's a Chinese dish of sea cucumber. Never had it, never want to.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

pentyne posted:

I don't get the velveeta hate. It works perfectly for what it was meant for, a cheese and melts extremely easily and doesn't clump up or have pools of fat in the sauce. Same with margarine, great for baking, terrible for any other alternative use of butter.

What? Why would you not use real cheese instead of velveeta, and why wouldn't you use real butter in baking instead of margarine?

You literally can't buy Velveeta or any Velveeta like product in Australia and I've never thought to myself "You know what, I wish this cheese was easier to melt and also, not actually cheese."

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Well, I guess we do have it in Australia.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Humboldt Squid posted:

Iirc this is because you can't copyright recipes ( and all those sites just steal their recipes anyway) but you can copyright prose.

I'm willing to bet it's because they feel like people actually care about what they post, and they're all insufferable.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Thread needs more wet wriggling content

Paelo pasta? Surely it couldn't have been that much effort to drain the cucumber.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

So the cave men didn't know how to make flour, but they had tomato and beef based sauces and spiralizers?

Actually, I just misremembered the Atkins diet's name.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Breakfast shouldn't come from a can, imo

I'm the strategically placed sausage and 2 meatballs.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Oh, wait, there's another canned breakfast in the background of a different brand.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm the scribbles desperately trying to work out how my life got to this point.

I think this was the impetus for the cook to make out a budget and get their life sorted.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Would, with the intensity of a thousand suns.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Looks bad Rob.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A good evening for Facebook feeds

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I know Voodoo Doughnut was mentioned earlier, but they and Rogue make a beer that is loving vile.

I thought Voodoo Doughnut was just the name of the beer, not an actual independent company. Also, correct, that poo poo is vile.

But they do also make Santa's Private Reserve, so all is forgiven.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

worthless. posted:

Means he gets a tummyache if he eats to early try to keep up OLD MAN! GOT HIM!

I usually drink it for lunch if there isn't a team lunch. Not every meal has to be a fun unique delicious treat.

*Makes a sandwich the night before and puts it in a tupperware*

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Sounds like improper sandwich construction on your part if you've got a soggy mess after one evening in a fridge.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

twoday posted:

Room temperature milk + ice cubes

I'm guessing Lychee with Grass Jelly, and if so that'll be delicious.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

I respond in a similar way to fructose as I do to lactose, so I non-diet drinks are my only option if I don't want to get sick. The "better" taste to me tastes like pain, suffering, and a prolonged painful death.

I respond to Sucrose like a lactose intolerant. All I can drink is diet sodas or I'll be paying for my excess dearly.

:(:hf::( sugar buddy.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

I bought some pretty intense food dyes for Halloween cookies, and once you have them around, it takes a lot of willpower not to do that to everything in range.

When you buy a new hammer everything starts to look like a nail.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

McD delivers in Asia. In Korea you could set it to deliver in the future and pre-order for the next day when drunk to have it as your hangover alarm clock. Not that I'd ever do that.

They deliver in Australia too, at least major cities.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

McSpergin posted:

I work in Warwick, QLD and live in Toowoomba. Grew up in Bundaberg. Only Bundy delivers. But Warwick red rooster delivers

Yea, I'm Brisbane city, I think Gold Coast delivers as well, probably other state capitals at least as well.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm this person, though not literally. I'm not your IRL friend. A lot of raw fruit gives me digestive murder in the same way as lactose intolerance. Allegedly it has to do with the fructose concentration which is harder to digest than glucose and if you don't have the proper enzyme you don't digest it, but your gut bacteria does just as it does with lactose. Both are sugars that are a step above the absolute simplest which is glucose. So you get the same discomfort as lactose intolerance because it's essentially the same thing. Cooking fruit breaks down the fructose into glucose for you. Apples have incredibly high fructose concentration so they're often the worst fruit for a person whose liver doesn't produce the proper enzyme. Or at least that's what I'm told.

And yes, I am both lactose and fructose intolerant. My liver is garbage.

I'm sucrose intolerant, anything with sugar in it murders my guts. Same side effects as lactose intolerance. I didn't know fructose intolerance was a thing but it makes sense.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This is ABV, weed that's already been through a vaporizer and has active THC in it, and when you're dankrupt a common trick is to cook with it or make extracts. If your real lazy you can just eat it as is.

It has the texture of crunchy sand, almost always has ash in it and is as dry as the Sahara. It's goddamn horrible.

Still, gets you baked for sure, so YMMV.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've never seen chalky pizza before.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

If you want to be depressed, until very recently Subway was by far the best sandwich you could get in my part of China and it was a special treat to go there occasionally. It was also impossible to buy bread worth eating and cold cuts didn't exist so you couldn't just make sandwiches at home that were worth a poo poo unless you did literally every part of it from scratch, including curing your own meat.

This is, fortunately, no longer true. It's still one of the better sandwich choices, superior to any of the local/Korean places, but there are a few real sandwich shops now.

Sounds like my part of Guangzhou 10 years ago.

e: Macau, however, had great sandwiches.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Vanity Fair eviscerated the Trump Grill today.

Here's the Ivanka Salad and Don Jr's favourite "Filet Mignon".

Just burn it to the ground, America. If I made that sadfuck excuse for a steak at home, I'd want to apologise to the cow.

EDIT: That steak costs THIRTY-ONE DOLLARS! American dollars. What the hell?

Given that the target market is PCOS Bill, job well done.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Sorry but milk by itself is gross and should only be consumed either as an ingredient or as a base for a drink.

Unrelated, a soy latte, while also an abomination, is hot bean water in hot bean water.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My housemates dinner.

Plain white bread, tomato paste, shredded tasty cheese from a bag and microwaved to perfection.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

:master:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

...sour cream is a crime against man and god.

Truth, stop eating off cream you weirdos.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

If it was cookie dough ice cream I'd be on board, but just raw cookie dough, that's AFP for me.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Don't you guys have these in America?

e: They come with a little plastic paddle so you can shovel it into your face.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Weird BIAS posted:

Bread and hotdogs are perfectly acceptable, it's the artisanal presentation that gets me.

And that drat dog is too long for that bread!

It's the Australian way. BBQ Snag, piece of wonder white bread, probably buttered, with tomato sauce and onions.

A dude was going to get a $9000 fine for sending a drone with cash to pick one up at his local Bunnings and people were upset, labelling it a clearly unAustralian fine, they're a serious icon.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-faces-9000-fine-for-using-a-drone-to-pick-up-a-bunnings-sausage-20161108-gsl3q2.html

e: As clarification, Bunnings is a hardware store that's known for having sausage sizzles out basically every day.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 07:06 on Jan 24, 2017

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'd give it a fair shake at the very least. Weirdest gelato flavor I've had was Red Bull, and that wasn't that bad.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

I had to look up Lamingtons because I had forgotten what they were (would) but then came across this :ohdear:

Please tell me that ad above is for Lamington gelato and Vegemite gelato sold separately. Lie to me if you have to,

We also got vegemite chocolate for a while. It was ok.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

More like would

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Why would they go out of their way to try and satisfy a manchild that doesn't even know what he wants and will just take whatever is given to him?

Because people enjoy sharing things they like? If you went into a book store and asked the staff to recommend you something they'd be more than happy to.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I found the pizza brethren of the pies Tiggum found (which was located the freezer over).

Let's embark on this adventure.

Nothing odd on the back of the box, the burger sauce could be weird.

Uncooked, nothing special or odd, some very visible gherkin.

Looks like pizza, smells like pizza, taste? A very ordinary frozen pizza. The gherkin is quite nice and a nice crust. Can't taste anything off about the sauce. Would buy when on special.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 10:04 on Feb 6, 2017

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Prism posted:

Capsicum is the usual term in Australia the correct term.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Jellied maggots, my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It's okay.

I acknowledge your gift.

my blood is your blood

forever

also, Netflix doesn't work in China, even with a VPN :saddowns:

Like you couldn't find this film in any of the massive suspect DVD markets at every tech shopping mall.

I love the ones where they invite you to enter the back room by opening up a hidden door that's disguised as shelving covered in cheap electronics.