Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

SHUT UP!! Dunkaroo Dip.

I'll admit I would try this, although it is quite likely disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

cyberia posted:

That's not what they mean when they say 'throw your pasta at the wall and see if it sticks' :v:

Anyone got that "Oh balls the chili escaped" pic?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Alaois posted:

easy to find since that was my reaction post to it

Thanks that's still one of my favorite things from the previous thread

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

bringmyfishback posted:

I was actually looking at buying a pressure cooker when this was posted originally and this picture convinced me not to.

I think that's mostly old Pressure Cookers from the 80's and earlier that have that issue normally, modern ones don't usually unless you do something stupid with them, although I've also heard that Rice Cookers can do basically the same thing without any of the flaws, but I could be wrong

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed.
One fell off and bumped his head.
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

Those are figs right?

Picnic Princess posted:

And all I saw was something like this

I think you might be holding onto too much Insight pal, cause that looks delicious(top image anyways)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Scathach posted:

It's a real pain in the rear end. I don't blame people for being weird about unprocessed fruits/veggies and I can kinda see why it makes trying any new food difficult whe the person is an adult. For him it has nothing to do with pesticides, but is likely linked to birch pollen or some other weird pollen. Cooking it solves the problem.

https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/outdoor-allergies-and-food-allergies-can-be-relate.aspx

Anyway gross food!

Huh, didn't know that they still made the canned tamales...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Anyone else of the opinion that store brand Frosted Flakes are better than the Kelloggs kind, if mostly cause Kelloggs under frosts theirs these days to the point where they lose all flavor with 30 seconds of milk touching them

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Data Graham posted:

I don't think this works as well as the hot dog one.

e: fuckin' loooool at "Mexican", they literally just described the Taco Bell thing

Most of these I totally would eat, also mind reposting the Hot Dog one?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

cash crab posted:

Thems some good lookin dogs.

In full agreement cash crab

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Gridlocked posted:

Once again left to right, top to bottom.

Nope, Nope, Nope, Would, Nope, Nope, Would, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Would, Would, Would, Nope, Would, Nope, Would, Would, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Would, Would, Would, Nope, Nope, Would, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope.

You have terrible taste

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I want to see a documentary on the entire supply chain involved with dollar store food. I have a feeling it would be fascinating in a depressing and disgusting sorta way.

I imagine that outside of the meat products and a couple other questionable items it actually isn't all that gross(heck was at a 99 cent store today, and most of the food they were selling was decent looking(although I didn't know that Cauliflower could come in orange...)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I've heard Lamprey is actually pretty good(enough so that one of the King Henry's died from eating too many of them), but man is that a ghastly picture(like imagine an animal with a more normal head in place of it, and I think you'll get what I mean)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

That canned squid looks like it should be an item in Bloodborne you use to gain Insight

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

bringmyfishback posted:

wtf this looks fine you crazeeeee

OH GOD

Ligo peanut butter is like the worst thing in the universe. I bought it occasionally when I lived in Korea and always, ALWAYS regretted my decision.

would

but I have never eaten bologna

so my judgment is suspect

Bologna is good, but I wouldn't eat a canned version

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

cash crab posted:

Cream cheese chili dip

That's probably good, assuming not too much cream cheese has been put in it, but then I feel you have to actively try to make outright bad chili

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

Does anybody have a lock on what Italian food was before the tomato? I know the Romans invented broccoli, so that's a thing.

Fun fact about Broccoli, the species it belongs to Brassica oleracea, is also the same species as like at least five other vegetables, they've just been all bred to emphasize on different aspects of the wild plant they were cultivated from

It's cousins Brassica rapa, napus, and juncea are similarly diverse in having a lot of cultivars

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Jesus Christ. I don't know which would be worse to try, century eggs or balut. I had to Google pork floss because :wtc: and I remembered that I've had beef jerky similar to that, just less cottony.

One of the reasons I'd never eat Balut is that I don't think my brain could handle it if I took a bite, and then there's some or all of the dead baby bird's face still there, staring at me

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Schubalts posted:

You call that lava? Step aside for the return of One True Pot.

Pots always seem to lead to the funniest AFP stuff, like the one with the escaping Chili, or the pot wandering off into the hills to find a new home

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

I would, and then I would die a sobbing and bloated shell of a human being, filled with cheese and starch and processed meat and black, putrid despair. Should someone have the folly to mark my shallow grave, the monument would read "GLUTTON" and be marked with abstract symbols of shame and dishonor. Every full moon my decaying husk would climb free of the dead soil from which nothing would grow and stand in the moonlight, baying a loathsome wail as a torrent of vermin streamed from my gaping, putrescent maw. If one listened carefully, he may catch words in that formless and terrible cry, and those words might possibly be, "I can't believe I ate the whole loving thing. this is why my pants don't fit."
I love everything about this post

Schubalts posted:

Found an archived version of the site, to relive our candy review nostalgia. http://web.archive.org/web/20031017012940/http://www.bad-candy.com/candies/
Site doesn't work

chitoryu12 posted:

The Supersizers Do.....Hunter S. Thompson.

That's a lot of cocaine, also pretty appropriate since I'm both reading through a biography of the man, and rereading Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas for what is probably the fifth or sixth time in a year's worth of time alone(I'll freely admit it's one of my favorite books)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Samizdata posted:

The Incredibly Strange Tamale-likes Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?

I think we have a new thread title

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

You got me craving Wendy's now

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

bringmyfishback posted:

Meatloaf Princess is my favorite Adventure Time character! :3:

If I had any artistic talent at all I'd totally draw this

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

cash crab posted:

my camera is broken and i couldn't find a pencil but here you go

That is adorable:3:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I have faith in the bird and know that she will never get brutally owned by a little redheaded kid.

Anyway we call this the unholy taco in CCCC

Is it weird that I totally would eat that, especially if the meat and cheese had been heated up till the cheese was all melty first(and maybe add some Tapatio as well)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Not having a soda fountain is a HUGE red flag when it comes to eating anywhere. They are basically free to acquire because soda companies want you to buy syrup from them and sign exclusivity deals and it's generally accepted that most casual dining places will have one. If you're running any kind of place that serves food and you don't have a soda machine it usually means one of two things:

-You lacked the credit or very small amount of money to get one: again, huge red flag for a casual dining place because those kinds of places rarely manage to do more than break even for sometimes several years and if you can't afford a soda machine starting off you're probably hosed, and if you don't have the credit to get one floated to you you definitely don't have the credit to take a loan to keep your place afloat.

-You don't have a floor drain: this is also a red flag because anyone who isn't dumb as gently caress and is opening a casual dining restaurant will get a floor drain installed, in many places this also means you can't get taps put in so goodbye any chance of making money on beer. It also ties into the above, where if you lack the money to get a drain put in, the knowledge to know you need one or the credit to get a loan to get one installed, you probably should have done a lot more research before deciding you could run a business.

Yeah I agree for the most part, one of the only exceptions was at this little shack of a restaurant I found in LA back in July while I was there for Anime Expo, place only had canned and bottled drinks, but I had one of the best burgers I've had in a long time there

Tiggum posted:

I saw these "corn snacks" in the supermarket the other day:

They look like packing peanuts and they're made of 100% corn.

And they taste like packing peanuts too! I've never seen them before and I don't expect to see them again, because I can't imagine anyone buying them twice. I have no idea who they're supposed to appeal to. They don't taste of anything much, and they get all stuck in your teeth.

And today I had a halal snack pack, which was actually really good, but looks pretty terrible.

That's chips, grated cheese, lamb, and garlic sauce.
Those corn snacks are shameful, but I would love to try a halal snack pack

Indeed all this kebab posting has lead me to look up kebab joints near my house, and I will have to go to one soon

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

RNG posted:

I invoke pizza rules, goddamnit. This is starvation focaccia.

That would make a good band name

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

http://i.imgur.com/F62D00T.mp4

How pidgeon flavoured flour is made

That is possibly the most horrifying thing I've seen in a long time

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

I want a mozzy stick in a taco now, gently caress >:(

Honestly surprised that Taco Bell hasn't done something like that yet

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Finding out I share a birthday with None Pizza, Left Beef, and having more people I know personally acknowledge that than mine is one of the more surreal real world experiences I've ever had.

Same, at least on the sharing a birthday part

Honestly that actually sounds pretty good, even if it is garbage food from a nutritional aspect

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

4chan can be a magical place if you look in the right places and keep an open mind

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Red Red Blue posted:

I dunno what boards you're looking at but maybe try some different ones

Yeah I wasn't talking about /b/ or /pol/, I meant places like /ck/, or the various nerd interest boards that aren't /v/ or /tv/, those are generally decent outside of the occasional troll(and it's not like SA doesn't have it's fair share of trolls)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

El Estrago Bonito posted:

That's an old USMC thing. One packet of ramen, one egg, tabasco sauce and a slice of american cheese melted on top.

You gotta love how prison food and military food intersect like that, know of any other similar things?(one of my best friends was in the Marines, I should ask him about this sort of thing)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

There's banana, canned pineapple, mayo, "cheese", and can't identify anything else.

I'm reminded vaguely of the face of one of Bloodborne's bosses by that pizza:cthulhu:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Pomp posted:

yeah tuna salad is disgusting

My only problem with Tuna Salad is when it has celery in it

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well I got an interview at a Subway for a job tomorrow, if that works out then the odds are good I might have the occasional story for this thread

Also if this works out it will be my first paying job, so I'll admit I'm feeling a little giddy right now

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

TontoCorazon posted:

Yeah but he's also 45 so it is a bit weird.

I'm not 45, I'm 26(which admittedly is rather late for getting one's first job, but there's a bunch of reasons for this being the situation)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

Your avatar explains a little bit I guess.

I really don't see how me being a Steven Universe fan fits into that at all

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My friend worked at Subway all four years of college. I'd pick her up after work and she'd smell like rear end puke from space after being around the bread all day, for some reason. Also, she told me that pickle juice would get in the holes of the gloves. That's the only bad stuff she ever told me about the food itself, although she had lots of funny stories about people eating a gallon of mayonnaise slapped on naked bread and similar disgusting fuckery.

Good luck at the interview! I hope you get it! Please send me a 12-inch veggie burger, extra olives, no onions, oil and vinegar dressing. (I have not been to Subway in five years or so.)

e: ITALIAN HERBS AND CHEESE

Thanks, and I agree Italian Herbs & Cheese bread is the best one

Pastry of the Year posted:

Please put me on the Wall of Tough Guys

I'll admit I don't quite get this joke

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well didn't even get to do the interview, turns out the Subway that called me for the interview was one that's too far away for me to get to(don't have a Driver's license and it's too far to be able to get anyone to drive me there on a regular basis)

I'll admit this has me pretty depressed now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Data Graham posted:

"I think I used too much tuumeric because it looked too... tumor-ic"

That sounds like a line from a Strongbad Email cartoon