Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Something looks off about the texture but I'm not sure if it's because they've been sitting out and getting warm for too long or because I'm used to serving them at parties instead of looking at them through binoculars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Sentient Data posted:

I feel like the filling is actually one of those fruity sugary thanksgiving aunt "salad"s rather than the... what, cream cheese and peppers that it's supposed to be?
Found the original, the filling is chopped pimento stuffed olives in cream cheese with a bit of olive juice. I think she took the picture before refrigerating them, that's why it looks weird.
http://debbiesmidwesternkitchen.com/2013/06/20/appetizers-olive-cream-jalapenos/

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

deadly_pudding posted:

No pizza rules
Not trying to enforce rules or anything, but has anyone actually seen a stuffed crust pizza with hot dogs rolled into the crust?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

atholbrose posted:

Trip report: Angriest Whopper

One of the worst fast-food meals I've ever had was on a road trip; out of desperation, unable to find a decent-looking diner or anything, I stopped at a Burger King and had an Indy Whopper. (Yes, this was when Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull had just come out.) I was frustrated and tired, and the burger was really bland and bad, despite having "Cajun mayo" and pepperjack cheese and the like. So when someone posted an image of the Angriest Whopper, I thought: well, I wonder how different that is? And what in the world will that red bun be like?

So I went.

The burger has some impressive verticality when wrapped. I'm used to the actual burgers at a place being sad, squashed versions of the ads, but this one looked like it might actually be a bit like it.

Opened up, it looked far more like the promo image than I expected it to. I was sitting next to a window with a sticker/poster for the Angriest Whopper, and looking back and forth, I could see the same ingredients in the same order. And yes, the bun really is THAT red. Inside and out.

As for taste? I know it's the thing to do to be all hyperbolic about things in this thread, but, hey, it was pretty good. When you get a bite that has all of the flavors working together, it's nice; a bit spicy, a bit salty, a bit beefy. I find that the flame-grilled flavor at BK tends to come and go, but it was there today. I tried some of the bun on its own, and it did have a slight spicy taste in and of itself. Somewhat oddly, though, the best-tasting bits of the burger were the ones where it tasted most like a plain ol' Whopper.

I didn't know if I was going to post this possibly-gross picture of a half-eaten burger, but what the hell. You can see how violently red the inside of the bun is, there.

So, yeah, there's that. The only real thing wrong with this lunch was that, for the amount I spent, I could've gotten one of the crazy-good patty melts at the local diner with hand-made-to-order potato chips, or a huge plate of pad thai with hot and sour soup, or a basket of Dr. Insano wings and salt-and-pepper fries from the other diner, or hand-breaded clams and chowder at the new seafood joint, or or or... there are just so many good meals to be had around here in this price range that it feels weird to have gone to Burger King and had something that was, yeah, all right, but nothing extra-special.
I tried it yesterday. Other than Five Guys, you're not going to do better with a fast food burger, and a Five Guys bacon cheeseburger starts at $7.99 (restaurant burgers around here are in the $10-15 range) compared to $5.49 for the Angriest Whopper so it's a good value for the price. It was by far the closest to an ad I've ever seen a fast food item look. The spiciness in the bun was pleasant and everything else was nicely balanced, I wouldn't have minded more jalapenos but I like them a lot more than most people so what's on it is just right. Easily the best burger you'll get from a drive-through around here, not that that's a high hurdle to clear.

chitoryu12 posted:

But what color was your poop
Disappointingly normal.

cash crab posted:

It photographs weirdly well, but the bun is just sort of unsettling. Still would.

Elliotw2 posted:

The bun in the bitten picture reminds me entirely too much of playdoh for me to be comfortable ordering one.
It's every bit as red as it looks in those pictures and when bitten into it really does look like Play Doh. Judging by taste, the amount of hot sauce used would change the color just enough that you would look twice if not for the food coloring.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm not usually one to anthropomorphize, but I just found out that pizzas can frown.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

angerbeet posted:

Most of the meats at Subway in America are turkey-based
Italian BMT: turkey pepperoni, turkey salami, and turkey ham.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Chizza sounds like a racial slur, or something a punk in 80s dystopian fiction would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-adaowehIk

Panfilo posted:

Chicken is rapidly being adapted for structural components of food I noticed. KFC has that sandwich that uses chicken patties as a bun, and Taco Bell has a taco whose shell is a chicken patty.

My blood pressure twitches in anticipation for some Roadhouse type restaurant to use a reconstituted fried chicken patty as a wooden 'plank' on which appetizers are plated. Maybe eat my fries out of a chicken bucket.

No chicken rules, yo.
The naked chicken Chalupa at Taco Bell is really good (with the obvious caveat that it's Taco Bell, so it's really good for fast food.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

quote:

Everyone knows that pineapple helps in digestion and so on, so for you who just devoured a tasty pizza nothing better than a pineapple in shell and everything to give that special touch, right? At Pizzeria Bate Papo health always comes first, even before logic