Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Efexeye, Snatch, what's your email strategy?

We're doing a content push for a client, a few articles a week and an email omnibus to get on page traffic. The omnibus and the articles aren't THAT different (a little extra content if you read both). The client is a niche service company (targeting live-event broadcasters); is it worth pushing both on-site and original email writing? Or is it better to focus on other areas since people don't usually read both?

Efexeye posted:

What kind of idiot would buy a mattress over the internet, without laying on it and touching it first? S

You don't listen to a lot of podcasts, do you? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Efexeye posted:

I like to put the first paragraph or two of the content in the email/newsletter itself, with a link to the site to read the rest. Helps to drive onsite traffic, and it's trackable through AWeber or Constant Contact- who opened, who clicked, who converted, all from the original email.

We found there was a 10% boost in clickthrough when we changed "More..." to "Read More!"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

This client has around 14 potential hirerers in the US, so adwords aren't a fit.

• Locked thread