Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

reading a poe wiki and the vendor recipe list is huge. its like a super horadric cube

you can combine 5 rare rings of the same type (iron, coral, etc.) to make a new unid'd rare ring, trade in 7 vaal skill gems for a vaal orb, theres tons of stuff. keeping my junk rare rings from now on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robot Randy posted:

i can shoot flaming skulls at people

Thats one of the strongest skills in the game until the extreme lategame, BTW.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The league's new treasure chests are my favorite part of the game so far. The sound of all those coins rattling as the chest pops open is great.

I made the mistake of not dumping my coins into storage on the first hardcore attempt, so I found myself broke, staring at a unique amulet that would've been great for leveling my ranger.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't really get why your stash isn't erased when you die in Hardcore. What's the point of having to level again if you have all your gear and currency.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

reading a poe wiki and the vendor recipe list is huge. its like a super horadric cube

you can combine 5 rare rings of the same type (iron, coral, etc.) to make a new unid'd rare ring, trade in 7 vaal skill gems for a vaal orb, theres tons of stuff. keeping my junk rare rings from now on

key recipes are 3 linked red green blue, for a chromatic. and a full set of rare gear level 65+ for a chaos. chaos being the main currency for trading

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

This is quite possibly the worst genre of game of all time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think MOBAs are worse, as someone who has fallen down a deep loot hole in the past.

Dec 26, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't really get why your stash isn't erased when you die in Hardcore. What's the point of having to level again if you have all your gear and currency.

well it's saved between characters so if you have multiple on the same account you'd end up wiping your stash from the others too

whether or not a shared stash makes sense for hardcore is another question

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Excuse me, but the hardcore stash is quite welcome over here. When I die, it's nice having all those crafting mats to upgrade the gear of my new guy. As well, if I lost all my perandus coins on death, from my inventory, I'd be super pissed.

Let me put it this way... Levels mean NOTHING in hardcore, it's all about the gear.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*in squealy pigboy voice* NOOO! My Perandus Coins!!!!!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Don't make fun of my coins :(

I need the unique items that gently caress sells !

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he sold a unique ring once for 70 coins near the beginning of the game, i thought that was a lot so i turned it down. way later in the game he offered me the same ring and wanted 6800 coins for it lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

some other key recipes:
a number of superior items that add up to 20% quality will vendor for a quality currency of that type. ex. a bunch of quality weapons will sell for a whetstone, quality gems for a gemcutters prism, etc.

any 6 socket item will sell for 7x jeweler's orbs. always pick those up.

a 6 socket fully linked item will sell for an exalted but uh you could most likely trade it for waaaayy more cause those are zod rune rare

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're right, gear is more important than levels, which is why Hardcore is completely meaningless and all it does is instead of letting you try the boss again in 5 minutes, you try it again in two hours

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wouldnt do hardcore in this league because the perandus chests can be pretty brutal. like 3 can spawn right next to eachother all guarded by uniques and the chests could roll crit/damage auras and frost nova and poo poo.

i mean you could just reroll the area if that happens but gently caress that just play softcore and actually keep your progress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

This is quite possibly the worst genre of game of all time.

the depth of it is part of the fun. diablo 2 eastern sun had a similar thing, enormous list of things you could do with the horadric cube and i loved it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just discovered that there is a Blessed Shield type spell in the game that shoots chain lightning at enemies on block lol gently caress yes

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Also Flame Guardians of Flame

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

You're right, gear is more important than levels, which is why Hardcore is completely meaningless and all it does is instead of letting you try the boss again in 5 minutes, you try it again in two hours

Saltlord

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

When it comes right down to it, collecting virtual items is pretty meaningless and the excitement of hardcore reinforces the enjoyment of the game for enjoyments sake and not as a hoarding simulation.

(Used to have an item hoarding problem...)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im sure that in HC where ppl are constantly making new characters you can reliably find rush parties any act, any difficulty and mindlessly blaze through huge chunks of the game if you're just in a hurry to see the endgame content

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you get like triple experience in a 6-man party its ridiculous

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cruel izaro is impossible lol. im a super tanky melee build and he 2-shots me with his default swings. what the gently caress were they thinking

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

*in squealy pigboy voice* NOOO! My Perandus Coins!!!!!

stop making fun of the game I like gently caress hole.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

stop making fun of the game I like gently caress hole.

Id rather do math than play this game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Id rather do math than play this game.

!!!! nnggaaah!!! gently caress you!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they're working on act 5 and conjoining nightmare+hell into one big NG+ now lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just dont know how theyd handle the whole res penalty thing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im honestly kind of shocked they're making an Act 5... Its like could we get more than 6 or so enemies for each act first.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Im honestly kind of shocked they're making an Act 5... Its like could we get more than 6 or so enemies for each act first.

in act 1 alone theres like two dozen enemy types lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I know. You know what I mean though. For the first 2 acts its really samey. And it just feels like it takes so long

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if they consolidate the story to just two runs instead of three, i think it'd be fine. they do mix it up A LOT though, it's actually kind of cool. cruel and merc have tons of new magic/rare affixes that can roll on monsters, new enemies appear in earlier areas, major bosses get new attacks and summons, etc.

in merc instead of a big empty hall leading to the warden it was full of vaal turrets and dudes from act 4. if you can believe it the first time i played this game many years ago it ended at the warden fight lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

act 1 does need more tileset variety though. beach cave swamp beach cave boss..cmon. at least make the final cave look different from the first one

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah I know. You know what I mean though. For the first 2 acts its really samey. And it just feels like it takes so long

What, you don't like blood apes and fire dogs?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This game is just Diablo 3 smeared in vaseline.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think what i like most is that when i find some unique that ill never use i can just post it in chat and someone will give me a chaos for it in 1 minute

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

cmon man...if youre gonna troll be more inventive

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

I appreciate your usage of vaseline in a sentence, however, it is definitely the other way around.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

solo'd cruel izaro. hes actually not bad when you fight him alone and he doesnt have a giant dmg increase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
im going to play several hours of this tonight

• Locked thread