Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

im going to play several hours of this tonight

if youre in softcore lmk if youd like a rush. i could def help you with the labyrinth as well cause thats a pain your first time tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thx to the second ascend, i get a % damage boost per endurance charge on me and a flat 8% elemental dmg. reduc at max charges.

i currently have 7 charges max and my static strike is linked w/ endurance charge on stun + short duration + fast attacks so merciless is my bitch lol im taking no damage and shredding poo poo. this game rules

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

thx to the second ascend, i get a % damage boost per endurance charge on me and a flat 8% elemental dmg. reduc at max charges.

i currently have 7 charges max and my static strike is linked w/ endurance charge on stun + short duration + fast attacks so merciless is my bitch lol im taking no damage and shredding poo poo. this game rules

yeah this definitely sounds awesome and not at all like a markov chain bot spewing out a word salad after sitting in a magic the gathering irc channel for a year

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

yeah this definitely sounds awesome and not at all like a markov chain bot spewing out a word salad after sitting in a magic the gathering irc channel for a year

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

things have been slow at work so ive Lost My Mind playing this

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wouldnt do hardcore in this league because the perandus chests can be pretty brutal. like 3 can spawn right next to eachother all guarded by uniques and the chests could roll crit/damage auras and frost nova and poo poo.

i mean you could just reroll the area if that happens but gently caress that just play softcore and actually keep your progress

You weren't kidding. After Act 2 the swarms guarding the chests are way worse than regular enemies.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Unguided posted:

You weren't kidding. After Act 2 the swarms guarding the chests are way worse than regular enemies.

i have low lightning res in hell mode and if i get a chest with that one swarm that just shoots lightning tornadoes i have to force another instance of that area lol

Dec 26, 2012

i dont know if id have the patience to do hardcore in this game in general what with desyncs

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01011001 posted:

i dont know if id have the patience to do hardcore in this game in general what with desyncs

Desync is almost completely gone unless you play over wifi or live outside of New Zealand, the continental US, or Brazil, which is where the various servers are. I think there's Europe ones too but IDK where they are.

Dec 26, 2012

well that's cool anyhow. i'll retry it at some point then because that was a complete pain in the rear end before

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah they completely revamped the netcode so the game feels really tight now.

im stuck at hell act2 cause i have like no lightning res so electric mobs instagib me, they really dont gently caress around at this level

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah for everything past normal they balance the mobs around you overcoming the resist penalties to still have close to 75% resist or higher. Part of the reason why I'm burnt out on this game is I don't like being semi-forced to constantly try to stack HP, armor, and resists higher and higher. I like playing glass cannons but Reflect makes it almost impossible in this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh thats the other fun thing. my whole build revolves around static strike lol so if i run into a reflect mob i kill myself on them really fast

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

at this point though i have a lot of tools for upping my lightning res. hell theres a really cheap recipe for a lightning res ring and then I can just alch it into a rare ring until i get something decent, ive just been too lazy to do this and run headfirst into death

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

at this point though i have a lot of tools for upping my lightning res. hell theres a really cheap recipe for a lightning res ring and then I can just alch it into a rare ring until i get something decent, ive just been too lazy to do this and run headfirst into death

I find the RNG-based crafting extremely boring and the trading 'solutions' are about as close to worthless as they can be and still exist. So if I don't get good drops I'm just hosed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I find the RNG-based crafting extremely boring and the trading 'solutions' are about as close to worthless as they can be and still exist. So if I don't get good drops I'm just hosed.

uhh alright

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Larry Parrish posted:

on the other hand it was super genius that they have no gold, everything you trade has intrinsic value

what im saying they invented bitchaosorbcoins and it worked until this league when they introduced gold without real pressure to do so (maybe as a test?)

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

Prio one at least after normal is always get your resists up. like you want it capped, all of em. except chaos. life and resists man its the name of the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Diablo II got a new patch last night :staredog:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Patch 1.14a is now available to download, focusing on system glitches introduced by modern operating system.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Diablo II got a new patch last night :staredog:
Owns. I hope Blizzard creates a downloadable Diablo 1 that works on modern stuff.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have that, it's called Hellfire. :D

Do you want a link to the dropbox?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well too loving bad, here it is:

Diablo: Hellfire

Hellfire Installer - It's abandonware, don't worry.

100-102 patch

102a4 patch

IPX wrapper to make multiplayer work

Animation fix for Bard/Barb and bow users

Instructions:

Install Hellfire

Copy contents of 100-102 patch into the Diablo - Hellfire folder, accepting any overwrite of files

Copy contents of 102a4 patch into the Diablo - Hellfire folder

Copy the contents of IPX wrapper into the Diablo - Hellfire folder, and run the correct directplay-win file, 64 or 32 bit

Use loader.exe in Admin Mode to run the game

If you have rainbow colors, use the appropriate colorfix app, 32 or 64 bit

If you want to use the animation fix, just copy that over as well

Get hamachi so you can do LAN IPX mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does Diablo 1 have multiplayer

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

In Training posted:

Does Diablo 1 have multiplayer

Don't think d1 bnet is up now. But, I have played d1 hellfire mp with imps before.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The highlights are:

3 new classes
2 new dungeons
running in town
new loot
a man in a cow suit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres running in diablo 1?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres running in diablo 1?
Only in Hellfire. I don't recall the expansion being well-received.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there was a very cool diablo 2 mod that was literally just D1 running in the D2 engine with various additions, i sunk way too much time into that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its a shame getting D2 mods to work online is a huge hassle cause i'd be down to play that or ES with imps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember playing all of ES with a friend of mine and it not being too tough to get working

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Larry Parrish posted:

You're right, gear is more important than levels, which is why Hardcore is completely meaningless and all it does is instead of letting you try the boss again in 5 minutes, you try it again in two hours

I've felt the same way, which is why I use my home HC rules:When I die the first (haha only) time with a character I silently close POE, open steam library and uninstall, and then drink myself into a stupor enough to forget that this game even exists.

What's strange to me though, is that all of the main ARPGs that feature a HC mode all have the same shared-stash. It almost makes sense in POE and Grim Dawn because you can find unique items that you could share with another character, but it seems weird in Diablo 3 since the loot system is optimized for whatever class you are playing (and there is no penalty for "respeccing").

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wookie Bouquet posted:

I AM A loving MORON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wookie Bouquet posted:

I've felt the same way, which is why I use my home HC rules:When I die the first (haha only) time with a character I silently close POE, open steam library and uninstall, and then drink myself into a stupor enough to forget that this game even exists.

What's strange to me though, is that all of the main ARPGs that feature a HC mode all have the same shared-stash. It almost makes sense in POE and Grim Dawn because you can find unique items that you could share with another character, but it seems weird in Diablo 3 since the loot system is optimized for whatever class you are playing (and there is no penalty for "respeccing").

• Locked thread