Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's play this, 2gether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure Punishment is really old

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That unique is extremely bad even if you specced your entire build into bleeding and bleed damage and crits. Wow.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

its a level 5 unique lol its just intended for some early crit fun, its not some super endgame weapon

Problem is that bleeding, like ignite, is almost impossible to reliably apply at low levels. I guess you could use Puncture on a boss with it equipped as an offhand in Normal and Cruel or something.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The problem with PoE's difficultly curve is that it's really easy to cruise through all of Normal and most of Cruel without even thinking about what you're doing and then oh no it's hardcore and you're fighting Piety or the Vaal Oversoul with no resists.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The random guy is right though. The game is exactly as complex or not complex as you want it to be. It's possible to make epic combos or you can focus all your effort on just one skill and kind of damage.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robot Randy posted:

i can shoot flaming skulls at people

Thats one of the strongest skills in the game until the extreme lategame, BTW.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't really get why your stash isn't erased when you die in Hardcore. What's the point of having to level again if you have all your gear and currency.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're right, gear is more important than levels, which is why Hardcore is completely meaningless and all it does is instead of letting you try the boss again in 5 minutes, you try it again in two hours

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im honestly kind of shocked they're making an Act 5... Its like could we get more than 6 or so enemies for each act first.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I know. You know what I mean though. For the first 2 acts its really samey. And it just feels like it takes so long

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01011001 posted:

i dont know if id have the patience to do hardcore in this game in general what with desyncs

Desync is almost completely gone unless you play over wifi or live outside of New Zealand, the continental US, or Brazil, which is where the various servers are. I think there's Europe ones too but IDK where they are.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah for everything past normal they balance the mobs around you overcoming the resist penalties to still have close to 75% resist or higher. Part of the reason why I'm burnt out on this game is I don't like being semi-forced to constantly try to stack HP, armor, and resists higher and higher. I like playing glass cannons but Reflect makes it almost impossible in this game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

at this point though i have a lot of tools for upping my lightning res. hell theres a really cheap recipe for a lightning res ring and then I can just alch it into a rare ring until i get something decent, ive just been too lazy to do this and run headfirst into death

I find the RNG-based crafting extremely boring and the trading 'solutions' are about as close to worthless as they can be and still exist. So if I don't get good drops I'm just hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wookie Bouquet posted:

I've felt the same way, which is why I use my home HC rules:When I die the first (haha only) time with a character I silently close POE, open steam library and uninstall, and then drink myself into a stupor enough to forget that this game even exists.

What's strange to me though, is that all of the main ARPGs that feature a HC mode all have the same shared-stash. It almost makes sense in POE and Grim Dawn because you can find unique items that you could share with another character, but it seems weird in Diablo 3 since the loot system is optimized for whatever class you are playing (and there is no penalty for "respeccing").

• Locked thread