Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Larry Parrish posted:

You're right, gear is more important than levels, which is why Hardcore is completely meaningless and all it does is instead of letting you try the boss again in 5 minutes, you try it again in two hours

I've felt the same way, which is why I use my home HC rules:When I die the first (haha only) time with a character I silently close POE, open steam library and uninstall, and then drink myself into a stupor enough to forget that this game even exists.

What's strange to me though, is that all of the main ARPGs that feature a HC mode all have the same shared-stash. It almost makes sense in POE and Grim Dawn because you can find unique items that you could share with another character, but it seems weird in Diablo 3 since the loot system is optimized for whatever class you are playing (and there is no penalty for "respeccing").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread