Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

beru04 posted:

Well, good timing on this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pDN0HqCQaI

Wonder what the maps are going to be? Crash, Backlot and Crossfire are confirmed so far.

Overgrown seems to be heavily implied from twitter, too. I think Bowling tweeted the load pic for the map and said something about going camping in Grandma's House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I think it's telling that the biggest selling point for the new CoD game is the inclusion of a remastered edition of CoD4. :v:
And speaking of the series, something I've noticed is that (of the games I've seen) aside from Modern Warfare, the player is always the underdog having to triumph over impossible odds even when it's absurd: MW2 had the russians succesfully attack the USA forcing the player into one desperate fight after the other while the other half has been declared rogue and hunted down; in MW3 Russia invades all of Europe so that the player is again forced into an 'impossible' struggle while we still keep the other half as having almost no support. Then there's BlOps2 where despite all the technology and might of future US, country is invaded yet again after the badguy managed, for the most part, to always stay one step ahead and keep in check both the US and China's militaries; and finally Ghosts which has the US be bombed by its own superweapon and be on the defensive of a losing war.
Compare that to CoD4 where as USMC you are the one doing the invasion and the not-Iraqi have all their assets smashed by the US superior firepower and as the SAS you are at a disadvantage numerically, but still have access to force multipliers that even the odds and even an untouchable hammer of the gods just after one of two sections where you are actually put at a disadvantage.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
The transaition from "somewhat realistic military shooter" to "literally Halo" is complete.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, just in time for Halo to complete the slide into its' nadir? :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Regalingualius posted:

So, just in time for Halo to complete the slide into its' nadir? :v:

oh I think Halo already grounded out when 343 got the reins. Sighhhhhhh.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Something tells me that the inevitable Halo 6 will break expectations on just how much lower the franchise can sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Thanks for watching, everyone. The thread is in the archive now, which is what I was waiting for before I shut this down completely.

I'm currently doing World at War this game's less popular follow up. If you are interested in some PC Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer games those are probably kicking off soonish.

• Locked thread