Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

The Casualty posted:

I used to absolutely steamroll multiplayer with the RPD and the G3. Glad we have similar tastes :v:

Oddly enough, despite liking COD4 multiplayer a whole lot, I really feel like the best mp experience in the series was in Modern Warfare 2. I liked the expanded armories and perk trees, and having more customization options, but it hadn't yet gone overboard on making the pace lightning quick like what happened in later games. Plus their strategy of just making everything fun to use instead of attempting to balance poo poo against a million different variables actually worked for the most part unlike later games.

I also liked World at War's multiplayer a lot, but not because it was particularly great, it just reminded me a lot of CoD: United Offensive, which was the zenith of the WWII genre's online gameplay in my opinion.

Akimbo 1887s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Lazyfire posted:

No, the ultimate answer for broken poo poo in MW2 was OMA Tubes. I just had a brief conversation/recording session where I mention it, but bear with me.

On a few maps in the Domination game mode, most notably Derail, the One Man Army perk was the key to wrecking someone's night. One Man Army allowed you to change classes without dying, you just popped into the menu and selected a class change and waited like 20 seconds. It was really useful if you found yourself using a class that didn't have anti-air or something and I think that was the idea behind it. You could also simply restock your ammo on the class you were running. Because that ammo refill extended to grenade launchers you could essentially use infinite grenades, which on the surface seems to have limited uses. However, someone realized early in MW2 that from one side of Derailed you could stand in one spot near one team's spawn, look straight up and fire a grenade that would land directly on the "gimme" point for the other team. Two people tubing the other team's point at the start of the match with Danger Close (to increase the size of the explosions) could rack up full team kills within thirty seconds of the game starting. You would occasionally see Harriers (a seven kill streak) before anyone on the other team even had a kill. This was made more painful by the fact that Overkill, the perk that let you take two primary weapons, was not on the same tier as One Man Army, so each person doing this had a potential four grenades to launch before they had to OMA their ammo back to full. We literally held teams to zero points all game using this trick.

I had successfully buried those memories until this thread :froggonk:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I'm just hoping lazyfire eventually gets to COD: Ghost. It was the last COD game I bought, and I'm probably never gonna buy another COD again thanks to Ghost.

The pain cannot be endured alone. :froggonk::hf::unsmigghh:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Remember the original Red Dawn? Remember Wolverines? Remember "god help me"? Remember "I'm all used up"? Remember "go with god"? Remember the somber note the movie ending on, where they didn't bother telling you which side won the war, since an important theme of the movie was that everybody loses in war?

Now remember the remake, which threw all that away and replaced with completely sincere AMERICA gently caress YEAH with out a hit of self-reflection? Remember that feeling of betrayal during the final scene with dune buggys with mounted miniguns blasting apart North Koreans, and prisoners surging towards the wall as an American flag sprouts from nowhere among their ranks?

What I'm getting at is that COD4 is original Red Dawn, while ghosts is the remake. :v: Going in with the expectations of a great COD game and getting ghosts was an immense letdown for me, and I'm done giving IW my money after that.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

That's ignoring the somewhat racist implication that the Federation is only successful because a white man is telling them all what to do.

Actually, I felt more like the evil empire during the entirety of ghosts then downtrodden underdog, for pretty much the same reasons that homefront hosed up.

• Locked thread