Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Thus we have this stupid "diving" poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The ultimate proof that Americans don't get enough exercise, is that they seem to think you can sprint full on leaning into it, and stay standing if someone clips your feet.

I've never been clipped from behind while going full tilt and not had it cause me to eat poo poo

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The ultimate proof that Americans don't get enough exercise, is that they seem to think you can sprint full on leaning into it, and stay standing if someone clips your feet.

you definitely can't, but for that to have happened in that game it would have required contact to actually have occurred

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
there was contact. this is canon.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blinkz0rz posted:

you definitely can't, but for that to have happened in that game it would have required contact to actually have occurred

There was clearly contact though. It just wasn't enough to warrant Benteke falling over like that imo. It's a soft as gently caress penalty but there is still contact.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Blinkz0rz posted:

Are you insane, you can clearly see his ankle rattle

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
By the time there was contact was the ball even still on the field or had it already rolled out? Such a dumb call regardless.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Nah it was fine

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I wish he did dive because then Delaney could learn some Defending 101: You don't jump in like that in the 94th minute, especially not when the ball is on its way out of play.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Delaney should have stayed still instead of chasing so Benteke had a one on one instead, think about it

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
What a perfect weekend

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Where do you see contact? Delaney's knee is a few inches behind Benteke's foot.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Blinkz0rz posted:

wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Blinkz0rz posted:

Lol, come on man, stop tickling my belly button

• Locked thread