Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mors Rattus posted:

: he would have tyo have been Neil Marshall

[imf]https://lpix.org/2422534/PWanimation5.gif[/img]

: This "message" from the deceased...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

resurgam40 posted:

Involuntary manslaughter is a crime; a much lesser crime than murder, but still on the mens rea tier. It goes like this, I believe: there's involuntary manslaughter, which is more or less a complete accident- no intent to hurt or kill, but still viable for recklessness or negligence charges; then there's voluntary manslaughter, in which an intent to hurt or injure, sometimes frighten, the victim but not kill them was proven, which is a bit more serious; then second degree murder, which was done without premeditation "in the heat to the moment", a crime of passion; and then first degree murder, in which both a plan to murder and intent are proven.
IIRC, murder 1 and 2 (or a very near equivalent) is the only concept in the manslaughter - murder continuum that translates rather almost precisely across different cultures. All other variations are very likely to be subtly yet significantly different.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

: At the very least, she wasn't htere when Darke ran for it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

: Thank you. I assure you the defense is terribly sorry.
: Ha ha ha...
: (Yeah. Sorry I didn't nail you...)
Phoenix for the last two replies, probably?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

SgtSteel91 posted:

the Blue Badger sign?
It looks guilty as gently caress. Surely it has room to hide a mans body inside it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

: But how oculd you see with the power out?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

: If so, I'd like top ut in a word or two in my defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Jabor posted:

This is commonly known as an inquisitorial system, and (as the connotations associated with that name might imply), it wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows in practice.

I'm seriously considering leaving nothing but a gif in response, because that bit is just... very hard to adequately respond to using words.

Those parts of the world that do not operate based on Common Law (oddly enough, despite what you may assume based on watching Hollywood movies, a majority rather than a minority of the world's law systems) often use Inquisitorial proceedings for some / all of the investigation. The current incarnation of the system has absolutely nothing to do with the Inquisition, Spanish or otherwise. (Being based in the Napoleonic Code is a fairly good hint)

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 31, 2017

• Locked thread