Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

YggiDee posted:

Given that Nick is actually trying to be a defense lawyer in this hosed up judicial system, I don't think he's sane either.

He's moderately less insane than the system, at least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Double Plus Undead posted:

I cannot believe the loving parrot is part of the conspiracy.

You're in for a real treat, then. :allears:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Geokinesis posted:

Is the DLC case meant to be done after the main game?

During, actually. Between Cases 2 and 3, more specifically.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

"DO I LOOK LIKE A WHITE MAN NAMED WARD?! ...wait..."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

You're in for a treat with some of the insane poo poo that goes on in the last day of this trial, then.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Wasn't Misty used by Hammond, aka the Defense Attorney, though?

So in trying to use a psychic to clear the guy's name, said (supposed) ghost goes "nah, he did it bro".

No, it's mentioned that the police hired her back in case 2.

As for why? They presumably didn't have any airtight proof that Yogi did it. Somehow. Despite him and Miles being the only other two people in the elevator, and they're obviously not going to consider that a little kid killed his own father.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

You know, I wonder how much "accidental murder is still murder" is supposed to be satire of Japan's criminal courts or... Well, actual reality.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

See also: the last update.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

This is where we start hitting peak Ace Attorney. :allears:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, it's the perfect Catch-22.

"I worked in a chemical plant and burned my fingerprints off. Can you prove that didn't happen without knowing who I am?"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

To be honest, I don't think he's dumb enough to blurt out his actual bank pin either.

It'd be kind of hilarious if this case ended with him waking up the next day to find that his bank account was zeroed out.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

...Wait... poo poo!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, I'd say it's nowhere near as obnoxious as a certain piece of evidence from the third case of the fourth game when it comes to the "look at what we can do with this new tech!" factor.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the later games have a tendency of leaving little Easter eggs and callbacks to the cases from earlier ones.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

On the other hand, that'd also mean subjecting us to the absolute worst animation in the game.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And apparently even they can decline cases, if I'm interpreting Edgeworth's commentary about how no other attorneys would take on his case correctly.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Mm, this case has some of the most memorable lines from the series.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

That reminds me of one of the minor things that's always irked me about the backstory of these games.

I mean, I get that they claimed there were "a bunch of legal reforms" to clear up the court dockets faster (read: hope the transition from Japanese to American court isn't as obvious), but.. This case flies right in the face of that concept, if they're still holding a full-fledged trial for a person who outright and completely confessed to the crime.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

ManicVolcanic posted:

I believe Phoenix said that you can see the entire lot from the security room. Because the security room is on the second floor, you could probably see over the partition from there to the crime scene -- after all, the partition isn't the height of the room.

More to the point, the phone GUARD BOOTH is on the same side of the partition as the phone is.

Regalingualius fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 23, 2016

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Granted, some of the cases from more recent games have at least felt like they're strong contenders for "longest in the series."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just reminded of an incredibly spoilery image showing all of the most egregious translation screw ups for the iOS port... and that option somehow became "How was he died".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

On the other hand, how would a body swap even be possible? Angel mentioned that she subdued Lana until other authorities arrived, and even with the five minute gap between spotting the stabbing and apprehending her, so there wouldn't have been any time to swap bodies (and somehow hide the second one in a way that the police still haven't found).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah, I can't imagine having to deal with him while playing because everything about him is completely insufferable.

It's even worse in-game, since one of his animations has a megaphone feedback sound. He is by far and away the worst character of the original trilogy (or at least in solid contention with some of the other fan unfavorites).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, that just begs the question: what could have been in Goodman's locker that would be worth stealing from him (let alone kill him) for?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

What do you call someone who's a weeaboo for Texas?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Cangelosi posted:

: ...and he's DRINKING ON THE WITNESS STAND! gently caress MY LIFE!

Really, at this point, it's not like things can go any worse for Edgeworth than this. Dealing with a drunk witness may actually be the start of his climb back up from rock bottom!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, the only thing I can think of was that they thought Meekins killed "Goodman" right after the bit of security tape we saw ended.

...Without being seen on-camera again after that. And then somehow managed to hide the body without using any of the lockers or having to use his card to open the door again.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Oh absolutely agreed. The perspective of the video makes you think Meekins put it right in front of the camera, not on the opposite side of the room.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, after all the buildup they did by implying he was one nasty bastard, the actual revelation rings kind of hollow.

And somehow he went from "I just want to confess" to "whoops lol never mind, oh hey here's another vic--".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

"loving hell WHY WON'T YOU STOP DYING?!" -Joe Darke after his 5th murder in one hour

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, is it just me, or does Darke look like his hair is an onion in that one shot where he's about to stab Marshall?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, Lana at least gets a handwave by going to law school first.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, in fairness to Gant, it shouldn't have been possible for anyone to make the connection.

...When you think about it, Phoenix is becoming so good at bluffing, he just bluffed his way through a combination lock.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Wipfmetz posted:

He realized that the true knife was the friends he made during that case and it was within him all the time!

Nah, it was just all of his blood.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Wouldn't he be leaking out a trail of blood, though, if he was running around with an ultimately fatal stab wound?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

That just provides a perfect opportunity to keep police department costs low: "We only award bonuses and raises during awards ceremonies."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

He was looking kinda dumb with his finger and his thumb in the shape of an 'L' on his forehead...

And now I want a montage of his murders set to that for some reason.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

That would imply Edgeworth would willingly allow Meekins to so much as be within sight of his car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It really doesn't help that much of Day 2 feels like filler where you're just building up to being able to prove that Marshall was the "second victim".

• Locked thread