Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tax Refund posted:

Pretty sure I have, but I want to spoiler-tag it so other people can speculate without seeing my answer if they feel like. However, your first post asks for no spoiler tags.

Would you mind making an exception for people who haven't played the game trying to solve the mystery? Or would you prefer all speculation to be posted "in the open" without spoiler tags?

Edit: That plant law... :what:

They couldn't just define their terms in a different section? I.e., section 384a says "In section 384b, any plant means any tree or shrub, or fern or herb or ...". Then section 384b says, "Every person who willfully or negligently cuts ... any plant growing upon state or county right of way ..."

Edit 2: vvvvv Okay, will do. vvvvv

I'm thinking time zones. The victim's passport was entered in evidence proving that she just returned from Paris. At one time in my life I was living in California and would occasionally talk to friends in France, so I happen to know that the time zone difference between California and France is usually 9 hours. (It's sometimes 8 hours if the US goes into Daylight Savings Time before France does, but on July 30th both countries are in daylight savings time.) I think Miss Stone took the clock with her to Paris, where she set it to French time -- and she was killed so soon after returning back to Japanifornia that she hadn't yet reset the clock to Japanifornia's time zone. When it's 4:00 PM in Japanifornia, it's 1:00 AM in France -- but the clock doesn't speak the words "AM" or "PM". So everyone assumed the clock was three hours "slow" and was saying 1:00 PM, when in fact it was nine hours "fast" and saying 1:00 AM.

I think your theory is mostly correct, but that she bought the clock as a souvenir in Paris (where it was set to local time) and hadn't set it to Japanifornian time yet. I mean Rodin is a french sculptor. Maybe she got it at the Louvre. Why would you take a clock on holiday with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh hey, the clock wasn't a souvenir from France.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I guess there's an alternative explanation for Maya's clothing than 'lol Japanifornia': she's a massive Weeaboo. :japan:

Does anyone have that fanart from the last thread where she's playing along with a broadcast of the Steel Samurai by waving a broom around, while Phoenix intently practices displaying his badge?

Actually all that art from last thread was amazing, it's the only thing this LP is missing.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wonderslug posted:

The greatest art since DaVinci
:allears:

Please tell me you have the rest.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

whitehelm posted:

Don't forget the actual question we're answering is why Cody looked away from the fight.
There's one explanation that does come to mind. What if the Steel Samurai lost?

After all, the main thing we've been trying to prove in this trial is that someone else was in the costume other than Powers, and Hammer would know all about Powers' injury. Could be why Cody didn't take a photo - he only records the victories (or maybe couldn't stand to see his hero lose). He just didn't realise the fight wasn't staged.

Although I have no idea why Hammer would be dressing up in that costume and pretending to be Powers (even effecting the limp for the benefit of the camera).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Is Missile a Ghost Trick reference, by any chance? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Did...he just get struck by lightning indoors? :stonk:

• Locked thread