Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

eat your hamburgers apollo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I like the part where there's screaming and a ruckus going on in the police department's records room, and nobody comes in to see what's happened.

Then again, knowing Japanifornia Police, they probably would have seen Phoenix and Maya at the scene and arrested them immediately as the assailants.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

At last we have the true villain of this case on stand! Polly, your time of judgement is at hand! The truth will be found!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Glazius posted:

I'll tell you this much, von Karma sure as hell wasn't planning for a parrot in the courtroom.

quote:

(Wait... Don't tell me von Karma expected this! He couldn't have retrained the parrot... could he!? Did he train her not to respond when we asked if we'd forgotten anything!?)

Surprise!
The number one rule for this series is that nothing is ever so insane that it can't be true.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Malah posted:

And over a single penalty? That's commitment to pettiness, there.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=8290396

Spoiler disclaimer, don't go looking around the root of that site if you don't want to see the sprites of future characters.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

: Bring the doctor that operated on me! Have him testify!

It's time to bring the parrot back on stand!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Yeah I'm another one who really doesn't see the appeal of Marshall. Maybe I just didn't watch enough westerns as a kid or something. Or my opinions are just broken because I'm not a huge fan of this case in general. :v:

For me it's not that he's dressed up like a cowboy and has a sick tune.
It's the fact that he desperately wants to be a cowboy and has a sick tune.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

CountryMatters posted:

Is gumshoe in those much? I've heard that it's mostly a new character acting like maya for the most part and that he's only really in it at the start

He's decently involved. Further discussion of games 2+ games down the line should probably be saved for later though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

BlackPersona posted:

Subtle nothing, he's outright arguing against his witness here and doing Wright's job.

He does tend to wait for phoenix to object before calling her stupid though. It's definitely him just taking his witness woes out on one of them for a change.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You know, for all the hate Marshal got in this thread, i really love him. The dude got demoted to being a glorified security guard and desperately clings to the cowboy image to compensate

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Damon is the best thing about it.

Definitely.
Right, Udgey?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Glazius posted:

If they have no body, how do they accuse Meekins? Suspiciously truncated security footage?

They took one look at the man and realized he was a cold blooded, hardened killer.

I mean look into those eyes and tell me that isn't a man capable of murder.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

In this case they're not though. Remember meekins and the report?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder how Texans feel about this case.

Jake Marshal is amazing. The dude is just such a dweeb.

E:
Also. Given that people are literally posting "In the [next game]..." statements, the strict no spoilers period policy could probably use a rehash.

E2: Seriously the dude wants to be one of his spaghetti westerns so bad, read the last update, the jokes even infected his dinners

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 16, 2017

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Phoenix just has a REALLY bad poker face.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I never knew cowboyism was genetic.

It kind of makes sense if you think about it. The most likely source of rabid fanboyism is childhood toys, games and movies, both of which would be shared by brothers

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I really like Gant's proper theme. It's got a good mix of the whimsical face he puts on and the darker undertones that we're discovering about him.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

cokerpilot posted:

Well he is clearly hiding something the question is what?

He probably posts in fyad

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Isn't the real cover-up here not that Ema might have accidentally killed Marshall, but that Marshall was about to murder Darke? Did I miss something? :confused:

I'm guessing were supposed to assume darke was also trying to kill Marshall and marshal just had the upper hand

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

eh, this update is pretty clear cut anyways. Just post away, if you can't remember if its something you remember or not, that's unreliable enough to call it speculation anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Plus a jury is selected from citizens, not the government, so it's a bit of a defense against a rampaging government throwing people in the clink for no reason.

• Locked thread