Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.
I'm glad to be able to follow an lp of these games. I've played all of the Phoenix Wright games (Ace Attorney, Justice For All, Trials and Tribulations and Dual Destinies) and it'll be nice to see little details I might've missed while playing through them myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Actually, they're step-ladders.

: So? What's the difference? You need to stop judging things based on narrow-minded cultural assumptions, Cook!

(I'm so sorry, I couldn't stop myself)

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Dr. Buttass posted:

Go look up "learned helplessness" sometime.

For reference: learned helplessness means that because the defendant thinks he's hosed anyway, he doesn't bother telling you everything he knows because he believes it won't change anything. After all, this is Japanifornia with a 90+% conviction rate and the defendants can't see that Phoenix is a protagonist and thus destined to succeed at pretty much everything he does.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Cangelosi posted:

: Bailiff? You want to explain why the witness is armed with a samurai sword?
: To...uh...pro...protect himself?
: Sure, what the hell. Proceed.

Also, would you give a kid a real samurai sword? It's probably just plastic.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Glazius posted:

Yeah, what kind of powers does Phoenix actually have as far as getting testimony out of people?

He can request that people testify again, but the prosecutor needs to approve of this. So basically, his powers are completely reliant on the prosecutor, much like everything else.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Air is lava! posted:

I don't know if that is an actual thing, but why did the camera only take one picture of the murder? It shot of the whole film when it heard that bang from the cracker.

This will be answered later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Dariusknight posted:

Max Payne 4: Ace Investigations (Murder, Mayhem and Painkillers)

Don't you mean Paynekillers? :downsrim:

• Locked thread