Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I am cautiously optimistic for this LP's chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Mors Rattus posted:

[timg]http://lpix.org/2379909/PWimage4.png/img]

Another broken tag

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

paragon1 posted:

Does no one is Japanifornia dust for fingerprints on murder weapons?

The culprit was wearing gloves.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

quote:

Redd White of Bluecorp

:911:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I had something like that, only the buns were made of rice.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

If time is not a factor, a murderer could go the slow route feeding their victim fattening foods and having them die of heart attack.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I know in this version von Karma is from Germany, but where did he come from in the Japanese version?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Currently there is an LP for a game called LifeSigns, a game that people say is a combination of Ace Attorney and Trauma Center. The reason I bring it up is because I remembered that I wanted to share a character that people said was the "von Karma" of that game (he isn't really, but you could be the judge of that).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The police never consider the possibility that the person calling in the murder might actually be the murderer.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Man, those kids are a bunch of jerks.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I sure hope they made a copy of that letter.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Was the anime faithful in adapting this part?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Air is lava! posted:

It's no surprise that they weren't really level headed, given the circumstances, but Yogi and the Edgeworths weren't acting really smart. They were panicking about suffocating in this airtight elevator, but didn't even consider breaking the (clearly breakable) glass.

I feel the same way. I think Japan is very strict on gun usage, hence why they never considered that option.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

If the previous cases are anything to go by, the witness/person who called it in is going to be the one who did it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder if Mors Rattus will look at the Miles Edgeworth games in addition to the Phoenix Wright games.

Also:

Mors Rattus posted:

: Just, please inevestigate this case carefully, okay?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Can you even buy a flip-phone in America today?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

CVE posted:

That makes no sense though given that Ema talks about having a Pink Princess strap and Sal only gets the idea when meeting Maya as far as I can tell. I'm on to you game!

No, he's saying that currently, October 8 2016, is a week before events in the third chapter of this game happens.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Why do trials even have an audience in the first place?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

This is an odd question, but is it better to play this case between games 1 & 2 or games 3 & 4? I understand if this question should be held off till after game 3, but I fear I'll forget by then.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Yeah, they really could have used an editor or at least someone to point that out.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I think the guy is saying that Gumshoe thinks he's both a wild west cowboy and Meekins.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Man, Edgeworth is really helping us out here.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

*Checks calendar*

Looks like Edgeworth is going to take a boat ride on a lake very soon.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

They got to figure out some way to use every single piece of evidence at least once.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Malah posted:

I don't know if I've said it yet, but the security at this police department is seriously lacking.

Even more so when people apparently keep getting murdered. Why does anyone still work there?

To be fair, the murders only happened when all the officers were at the award ceremony.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

resurgam40 posted:

Involuntary manslaughter is a crime; a much lesser crime than murder, but still on the mens rea tier. It goes like this, I believe: there's involuntary manslaughter, which is more or less a complete accident- no intent to hurt or kill, but still viable for recklessness or negligence charges; then there's voluntary manslaughter, in which an intent to hurt or injure, sometimes frighten, the victim but not kill them was proven, which is a bit more serious; then second degree murder, which was done without premeditation "in the heat to the moment", a crime of passion; and then first degree murder, in which both a plan to murder and intent are proven.

Not that any of that means anything in this story, where someone has to swing if someone else turns up dead. This game is going to make me mad again, isn't it?

Which of those apply to case 3?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Glazius posted:

I would love to know what was going through Neil Marshall's head at the time.

"I had him! I almost had him! gently caress YOU IN PARTICULAR, RANDOM SIX-YEAR OLD!"

I don't mean to nitpick, but Ema was 14 at the time.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Wouldn't it make more sense if Gant and Neil followed Darke together and Gant stayed back as Neil fought Darke?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, was it ever explained why Gant drew attention to the evidence locker room, incidentally? He intended to have Lana take the fall for the crime, so what was the point of directing everyone to the site of the actual murder and the stuff with Meekins?

Maybe he was thinking that he would draw everyone's attention to the evidence room while Lana dealt with the body, but then Lana got caught and Gant had to stick to the story he created and that created a big mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I know it's not directly related, but how well does their civil justice system fare?

• Locked thread