Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The hilarious thing is I'm pretty sure Marshall's flask is filled with something non-alchoholic and he just drinks it for the image.

He's not as incompetent as Meekins :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

I've always kinda had a problem with this. They build up Joe Darke as this evil, dark serial killer, but then when they talk about him, it sounds like he just had one bad day and got caught in a domino effect of taking out witnesses in a spree. I understand, though. Making him like a real serial killer would probably have skewn the game too dark for their targeted rating.

I imagine part of this is just because Gumshoe's the one telling us how it happened. Even then underneath the veneer of his casual explanation there's something rather messed up with 'oh no I accidentallied a crime time to make sure no one and I mean NO ONE knows it happened!'

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So Gant could have totally had Phoenix and Co. arrested for breaking and entering, right?

Or entering, at least.

Nope, because any detectives card can open that door the most he can do is punish the card holder (which he just did, RIP Gumshoe.) If he does try to press further than that he's just going to be hurting himself because he would have to provide sufficient reason for why Gumshoe, even with his card, wasn't allowed in.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Ah yes, now I remember the rest of this case.

This is some really good stuff.

:objection:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Also it's real interesting that all the heat is on Edgeworth and none seems to be on the Chief of Police or anyone else now known or suspected of being involved with fabricating evidence.

That's Gant using mob psychology to pin the blame on Edgeworth before anyone can put two and two together and go 'hey waitaminute, the Chief Prosecutor and Chief of Police both got their promotions from this case which has now been proven to have been wildly manipulate and falsified...'

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Ah Edgeworth. 'Sorry Phoenix but you just went there. We're in this deep now.'

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Dirk the Average posted:

"And if I am lying, then may God strike me down where I..."

Though in all seriousness I think that's his lightning bolt hair standing up? It's kinda hard to tell.

It's his hair doing the lightning bolt. Apparently Gant's hair crest is akin to a mowhawk in terms of amount of hair up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Polaron posted:

This trial is never....Going...To end. All sequels are just further examinations of who really killed cowboy cop's brother that horrible night.

It's a symptom of the last cases of every game having to escalate off another. And when you start with dethroning Von Karma...

• Locked thread