Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Welcome back, MLS.

They didn't use oil on Villa and Pirlo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This league is going to be so much worse when there's 28 loving teams.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bio-Hazard posted:

I, too, know better than MLS executives how to best grow and market this league to those living in the US.

I will continue to loudly voice my opinion on The Something Awful Forums because nobody is sick and tired of my posts about how hosed up this league is.

I bet those executives are reading this forum right now, and if I keep complaining about pro/rel, ratings and attendance, they'll change their ways.

:justpost:

No business/government has ever made a bad decision because they know more than everyone else.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Fantastic! You know what's funny? Your team has more fouls committed, yellow cards, and reds than mine.

Hint: My team is the Galaxy.

The Galaxy employ De Jong

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

*According to the internet last week.

You know De Jong's career has existed before the MLS right? People were joking about who he would injure when he signed for the Galaxy.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

We really need a center back and he's decent for the level of the league. Smart move imo, the defense is in shambles right now because of all the injuries. Once Klose comes in (rumours have started up again) we're shooting back up the table.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

It's cool when you're in canada and it's one of the three days in the summer where it's 93 degrees and humid and all the idiots are in pants because none of them own a single pair of shorts.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I haggled a redbulls home top down to like 20 bucks recently. It had the old logo on it which is part of the reason I wanted it. No name on it but I might scrawl on Grella in permanent marker. The nice thing is you only need one redbulls home because they're always the same.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 30, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Make a pro rel thread and take your terrible slapfight there

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Haven't the Dos Santii had issues with the Mexican NT for a long time. I know there was a rift awhile ago that included a few players.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 18, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Really mad I was only able to watch up until 2-0 in the redbull game, but lol. I'm dvring the rerun. I'm going to be doing these moves while watching the match

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

https://gfycat.com/VelvetyGreatBrant

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 27, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

He's really fallen off

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Your Boy Fancy posted:

That makes him objectively better than the corpse of Chris Rolfe, so enjoy your fake money

It signals that were definitely about to spend some serious money on our attack which is good news. I'll miss Sam though. He had a good run and played for the team. Sorry it had to end for him in DC

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

When is DC's last season at RFK? I want to go to a NYRB away game to witness the dump once before it's done.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Simone Poodoin posted:

Looks like the Crew are trying to buy Jonathan McDonald, here are some of his best skills (27s if the time thing doesn't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sof58E-Scfg&t=27s

he wasn't sent off for that

La chancla

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

We've signed a fast Austrian winger in his 20s. I hope he's better than the fast argentine winger in his 20s that we spent a lot of money on.
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/2016/08/02/new-york-red-bulls-complete-transfer-austrian-international-daniel-royer

Welcome to the team Royer

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

DOOP posted:

Is Bedoya actually any good?

even in MLS?

I rate Kljestan higher than him, seriously. There are a lot of players better than him at his position in the MLS. He's a very average player who got a lot of time under klinsmann because he played in europe and tracked back. Also we signed some Israeli Striker Damari from Leipzig. Good to have back up for BWP but I still want a big money signing.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 4, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

IMO we should put some of the GAM from selling Sam towards TAM in order to make way for another DP.

sort out this byzantine mess MLS

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Can't wait for Minnesota United FC to play Atlanta United FC in the I don't care please leave the league derby

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I think New York Red Bulls will actually be in the top half of good team names next year, that's the state we're in.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

To be fair Minnesota had it first, Atlanta had an opportunity to do something unique with a completely new brand and they still went with United

I'm aware but it's still uninspired and the fc tacked on after United annoys me. Also I dislike all new expansion teams, we're full.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Azerban posted:

its a huge game between two massive clubs

Well we do have a 20 year history as well as two supporters shields and you do have Jozy, so yeah

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

How's PPL park? Gonna see my first game there tomorrow. It looks nice on tv. I want both teams to lose and I'm gonna call Giovinco rude names

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The game is against SKC got my fixtures mixed up. Go SKC then I guess

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

So I went to PPL park... here are my thoughts... The stadium is nice, the view is amazing and tickets are cheap. That's about where the good stuff ends. I thought that Union fans might be a different breed of sports fans than the usual philly sports crowd but they weren't. Imagine all that that entails. People bagging on Harrison should take a look at the fact that Chester has an MLS stadium before they start piling on us. Harrison is at least only 10 minutes from the Iron Bound on foot. It's near good food, good bars etc. Oh and it's rail accessible from NJ and NYC. The drive to Chester is pretty far from center city and driving is the only convenient way of getting there. The parking is overpriced (especially since the "lot" is a large uneven mound of gravel beneath an underpass). I was on the exact opposite end of the supporters section and there was a one man drunken Capo behind us that was so bad I actually moved. Oh and lastly the Doop thing is loving horrible in person. At least I got to see Alberg smash in a crazy goal as the sun set on the Delaware river. I wanted to like PPL park, I really did. I wouldn't mind going back for a redbulls game and I'm aware the stadium is probably miles better than a lot in the league but I was expecting a bit more.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 29, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Imagine if teams spent 20 million on 11 players instead of on 3. It would be good imo.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Isn't Seattle's bigger problem that you had two good players and went down to one who also leaves for extended periods to play with the NT. Seattle doesn't seem as reliant on top stars like say Toronto. Btw it's cool to have the best youth academy in the league and beat people with players no ones heard of before. More teams should start trying it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

You said the problem the team was built around one good player when it seemed to me that Martins was just as integral to Seattles success. The Dempsey stuff would be less of an issue if he was still around was what I was getting at.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

They better play Kljestan in his proper position if he even manages to get on the field.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Vancouver is the team that probably gets the absolute least coverage in the US, at least in the northeast media market.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Two clowns

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

camoseven posted:

Definitely seems to be a reputable source. Twitter is going nuts about it. Donovan is 34 and has been sitting for almost 2 years, though, so I have a hard time believing he'd still be an impact player.

On the other hand he looks to have stayed in shape and is probably better than Zardes.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

fuckin' retirement league!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

RBNY II won the USL season title speaking of youth systems. I definitely didn't just learn about that today.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

We're gonna lose somebody. STOP ADDING TEAMS!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ciprian Maricon posted:

gently caress OFF WERE FULL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I hope when Ronaldo/Messi retires to mls every team throws 1 million into a pot and the team who acquires the player is picked out of a hat.

• Locked thread