Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Will there still be a knockout round before the conference semifinal this season? Those were the best matches last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

How has Waston played for Vancouver lately? He was amazing on both games for the national team .

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

Waston honestly turned from a walking card machine into a pretty good centre back, he is a beast in the air and any team that really tries to lob in crosses against the caps will have a terrible time.

Yeah he has improved that a lot and is pretty much unbeatable in the air, not only due to his size but because he improved his positioning a lot.

Xylorjax posted:

Meanwhile, he should have gotten a card for this, but instead it was just called a foul by much-shittier-since-WC2014 ref Mark Geiger.

That's more like the Waston I remember lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

President Trump is gonna ban soccer anyway so don't worry about it.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Maybe if there was an MLS club that was like a version of a Liga MX club, but in the USA? Has anyone had this idea yet?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

You guys do know that most other leagues in CONCACAF (and even CONMEBOL maybe) do playoffs and poo poo like that to keep interest up, see also the "torneos cortos" phenomenon. No league in the Americas does a proper "European style" standard championship. MLS is fine and it's definitely the second best league in CONCACAF and in the top 5 in the Americas.

Also see Argentina or Mexico with their crazy relegation systems or the fact that everyone changes the rules/structure of the tournament all of the time. Some of the MLS rules are very "American" but it is a thing in the whole continent to do crazy/silly things with our leagues.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I'm hearing that Herediano's Keyner Brown might be heading to MLS soon. He's a decent CB who sometimes does something stupid and becomes a liability. Similar to how Waston was before going to Vancouver but not so huge.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The fraud Venegas makes more money than cool guy Waylon, so much injustice in the world...

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That save :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/751986246356856832

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Another tico to MLS, Keyner Brown is going to Houston. He's a decent CB but nothing special.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I really liked this goal and also loled when Waston lifted the guy up like a toddler

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/753428902014431236

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The East coast of Costa Rica has a very high Afro-Caribbean population, mainly in the Limon province, descendants of slaves brought over from Jamaica during the colonial period.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

So Vancouver are returning garbageman Jordan Smith to the trash where he belongs, but I hear Saprissa don't want him back lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Looks like the Crew are trying to buy Jonathan McDonald, here are some of his best skills (27s if the time thing doesn't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sof58E-Scfg&t=27s

he wasn't sent off for that

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Unfortunately McDonald won't show his lackluster chancla skills in Columbus, negotiations fell through. But I heard that Keyner Brown to Houston is officially done, enjoy your "whatever, nothing special" CB.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Offtopic post: can any Chicago dudes recommend a place where I can watch the Juve game on Wednesday?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

trem_two posted:

I'm not a Chicago dude, but maybe this place, it looks like a Juve supporter club has met there for CL matches last year: https://twitter.com/JuveChicago

E: all the CL matches are on their schedule, it seems: http://ajhudsons.com/info.php?R=AJH&L=&H=1&P=Info&S=TOP:Soccer

Thanks, looks like those guys are not active on twitter anymore but I'll go there tomorrow to watch the game

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I will buy a Timbers kit and scarf and start the CR branch of the Timbers Army if they embarrass the purple shits tonight, will be hilarious if they don't make it out of the easiest group because they couldn't beat Dragon away.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Timbers are being concacaf'd, penalty not called for them.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I really hope Giovinco wins it all. Will the MLS trophy look comically large next to him?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I have seen the future guys

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Sabo won't stay at DC, he will probably go to Saprissa and I will once again hate his guts.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I'm hearing that Matarrita is leaving NYC and going to Hamburg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762847

• Locked thread