Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
ORLANDO CITY
The Best Second Season Club

The Only MLS Club with a Ballon d'Or Winner

Other notable players:
Team USA member Brek Shea
Rookie of the Year Cyle Larin
USL Pro star Luke Boden
Noted bottler Aurélien Collin
Coach's son Harrison Heath
New addition Antonio Nocerino

STADIUM: Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL (62,510 capacity)

New for 2016: We have a B team and a Women's team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm so conflicted about a Detroit MLS team.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Aurélien Collin to NYRB.

Thank God!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Conartist posted:

I feel bad for all of the Orlando City fans who bought shirts with Collin's name on the back. I mean, spending money on something with his name on it was bad enough. So far this season he wasn't even starting. Now it looks like he won't even be on the team.

I thought about a Collin jersey but mostly because it's also my name. I didn't get one and don't regret it.

Also I'm sure 99% of OC fans have Kaka or Larin jerseys.

Speaking of which...

quote:

Orlando City forward Cyle Larin reportedly is drawing transfer interest from major European clubs.

One of those is S.S. Lazio, one of the most storied clubs in Italy's top-flight league, Serie A, according to Italian website CalcioMercato.com, which is dedicated to transfer news and rumors in soccer around the world.

According to the report, Norwegian club Molde also is interested and scouted the 21-year-old Canadian national team player during Orlando City's 3-2 loss Sunday at the New York Red Bulls. Larin scored the Lions' first goal in the third minute of that match.

Calcio Mercato reported Larin's transfer fee would be $9 million.

Since Larin was a Generation Adidas player picked No. 1 in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft, Orlando City would get half of the transfer fee if Larin left this year. The other half would go to the league.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...arin-story.html

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Orlando City fires head coach Adrian Heath

quote:

The decision came two days after the Lions suffered an embarrassing 4-0 loss at FC Dallas. Orlando City (4-4-8, 20 points) is in seventh place in the Eastern Conference, one spot out of playoff contention, after an inconsistent start to the season.

The club has not yet named a replacement. Assistant coach Bobby Murphy and Orlando City B coach Anthony Pulis will lead the Lions as interim coaches.

Assistant head coach Mark Watson also has left the club, effective immediately.

Heath has been with the club since the very beginning, coaching the Austin Aztex in 2008 and moving with the organization to Orlando in 2011. He led the Lions to two USL championships and three regular-season USL titles. He also was instrumental in helping the club make the leap to MLS last season, shattering attendance records along the way.

“It is always a very difficult decision to part ways with a head coach and not one that the board of directors has taken lightly," said Orlando City founder and part owner Phil Rawlins. "It is even more difficult when that coach has been instrumental in the growth of the club since its inception over eight years ago. Adrian has served this club with passion and enthusiasm. While our successes together are undoubtable, we believe the renewed energy this change will bring will be uplifting for the team. We feel that the time has come for us to move on with our future in MLS.”

Orlando City leaders called Heath's exit amicable. While in Orlando, Heath amassed a 98-41-33 overall record, including a 16-18-16 MLS mark.

Soccer fans often referred to Heath – also known as "Inchy" and "the Gaffer" – as a legend in the town, but in recent weeks many called for his head after a series of apathetic performances from the team.

Five days before the Dallas loss, the Lions exited the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup after losing at home for the first time in nearly a year in a match against second-tier NASL side Fort Lauderdale.

Orlando City also leads the league in draws, frequently scoring or conceding in the final minutes of matches. The team's back line is a sore spot, its weaknesses amplified by injuries and inconsistent lineups.

Heath promised changes to the squad during the summer transfer window, which opened Monday. A coaching change was not what he had in mind, but acknowleged the possibility in the preseason.

"I'm fully aware of what the situation is. The results dictate the security of my job," Heath told the Orlando Sentinel in January. "Well, give me the opportunity to bring the players in that will give me more of an opportunity to keep it, and I'll take whatever decision the club makes." He long has pushed to control the personnel put on the field, putting him in what he viewed as the best position possible to be a successful head coach. Despite narrowly missing the playoffs last season and a tumultuous offseason with a front office upheaval, Heath was optimistic entering the Lions’ second MLS season. The team, however, did not live up to expectations.

“This is a very difficult moment, but I fully support the decision made by the board," majority owner Flávio Augusto da Silva said. "I want to thank Adrian for the commitment and hard work he has given our team over the years and wish him success in his career. Now, it’s time for us to turn our focus onto the rest of the season. We will do everything in our power to continue improving and giving our fans the best of us because they have been fantastic supporters."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I hear Ryan Giggs is available :v:

• Locked thread