Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

chrono trigger had the best ng+ crap in a jrpg becasue the whole game took 20 hours or less 2 beat on a noraml playthru and then u could blast thru a bunch of endings after that

i beat it and got the best ending, did all the sidequests + black omen etcetera but didnt do any of the other endings yet , i wanna though. smt iv has a nice ng+ too , cos you can fastfoward through the plot to get to the next ending, its sort of like the cycle of samsara , or the journey of an apple seed to a tree and then back to a fallen apple again , or a 28 year old gamer attempting to return to the womb by playing videogames for 22 hours a day in a pillow fort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

symbolic posted:

a game that surprised me with its replay value was Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse. i hate the show and can tell the game is meant to pander to the fans, but i'll be damned if running-and-gunning down disabled people/Adam West soldiers/the Amish/drunk frat boys as a talking dog with a shotgun isn't fun as hell. it's also pretty fluid, nice to look at, and did have a few memorable lines that made me laugh inwardly.

now that i'm talking about it, i feel the urge to replay it. funny how that works.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cheers. Might check out this title soon.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I've played each ace attorney game a bunch of times each, except for dual destinies. Same with another code: two memories and hotel dusk. I really loved powering through them and examining everything for the extra flavour text and hidden jokes. I don't think I've ever fully replayed a jrpg, even ones I've really liked, it's just too much for a replay. I started a ng+ for chrono trigger and p4 golden but I got bored with them pretty fast.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i was thinking about ace attorney yesterdey, but mainly ghost trick. After I finished ghost trick I quickly skimmed over the first half again to catch all the clues and foreshadowing. If I had a top 30 games, it would definitely be there, but I can't imagine replaying that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I replayed 999 a few times to get all the endings. I liked the structure of VLR more for digging into all that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I play most games a few times. Final fantasy 8 is probably the only old game I still beat regularly though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i replay final fantasy tactics every few years. probably one of my favorite games.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ArfJason posted:

i was thinking about ace attorney yesterdey, but mainly ghost trick. After I finished ghost trick I quickly skimmed over the first half again to catch all the clues and foreshadowing. If I had a top 30 games, it would definitely be there, but I can't imagine replaying that.

ghost trick too! I played that a lot

sector_corrector posted:

i replay final fantasy tactics every few years. probably one of my favorite games.

final fantasy tactics is probably my favourite game of all time but i never replayed it.. i just kept my save before the end and kept playing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dark Souls II was maybe the weakest souls game but the ng+ changes with all the additional fights meant that it's still the only souls game I've beaten all the way through on NG+ instead of just rolling a new character

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I've only beaten dark souls 1 and 2 like a couple times each despite having hundreds and hundreds of hours in both of them but ive beaten bloodborne like 15 or 20 times because i love the whole game equally

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

chrono cross might be 1 of the 3 rpgs ive ever finished, and if ct did the same thing as cc then its a really really cool incentive to at least go through the game once.

from what i recall in cross, they gave you a bracelet that let you control the game speed, for fast forwarding through long treks and slow down to more easily dodge enemies. They also let you keep all your party members and levels, and left the final boss portal open from the start of ng+. You can choose to battle him at different points of the plot for different endings.

you could fight lavos at any point in ng+ basically in chrono trigger. there was no fast forward but the game is really short

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I replayed 999 a few times to get all the endings. I liked the structure of VLR more for digging into all that

getting the real ending in 999 was annoying and i used a walkthru to find it because i didn't backtrack at the right time or wahtever :doge:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i replay killer7 once a year.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

i cant wait to get in on this after im done with edgeworth 2

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

its either that or apollo justice and ive started apollo twice and cant get into it at all

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

aj was alright i reckon

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

mgs 3.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

NickRoweFillea posted:

i replay killer7 once a year.

This but RE4

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

no they will not posted:

ghost trick too! I played that a lot

final fantasy tactics is probably my favourite game of all time but i never replayed it.. i just kept my save before the end and kept playing

It's my all time favorite and I think I replayed it like 4 times.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I play most games a few times. Final fantasy 8 is probably the only old game I still beat regularly though.

I just played through FF8 a while ago again, my highest level was squall, 13, everyone else was 11 or ten. everyone had 9999HP with really high stats. junction system is cool imo

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Knuc U Kinte posted:

how do you play FF8. do you avoid enemy encounters? refine lots of items into magic early on? im all riled up now and need to know

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i expected to see a lot more SNES rpgs itt, maybe i'm out of touch?

once every couple years i'll go through Secret of Mana, FFVI and Breath of Fire II. BoFII attached itself to me in 1994 in ways i do not understand. it is a bad game with deep flaws but i still loving love it. maybe because it was pretty difficult compared to other RPGs at the time

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Captain gently caress Face posted:

how do you play FF8. do you avoid enemy encounters? refine lots of items into magic early on? im all riled up now and need to know

I level naturally, but I abuse cards and junctioning to make my guys extra strong basically as soon as it's possible.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Aliquid posted:

i expected to see a lot more SNES rpgs itt, maybe i'm out of touch?

i've been meaning to re-play FF6 for a while now but now I'm paralyzed by choice because I could do the SNES cart, Wii VC, or GBA version of the game. also i'm afraid that if attempting the correct choice (SNES) and seeing how bad it looks on an HDTV will kill my vibe to replay it

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I play through max payne 2 about once a year. I would try and pay through the 3rd one but I get tired of waiting for the cut scenes.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Bean's Quest for iOS.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I can't finish a jrpg once let alone several times. Ninja Edit OOPS this isn't the anonymous imp zone confessions thread.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A game I've started a million times but never completed: Secret of Evermore

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

RE4

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I tend to play through the first FEAR a lot.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Starhawk64 posted:

I tend to play through the first FEAR a lot.

i tried to replay it again a month ago but nvidia did something and now every light flickers (more than usual)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ArfJason posted:

Ghost Trick heavily underexposed game
Even my friends who love Ace Attorney have never played it and I think no joke it is better than any one of those games

SM64Guy posted:

its either that or apollo justice and ive started apollo twice and cant get into it at all
I liked all the Ace Attorney games but I started Dual Destinies and I think I can't play those games anymore. Like I just find it boring at this point

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think I beat Devil May Cry 1, 3, and Bayonetta 1 + 2 like... 3-4 times each. Usually I do most of the difficulty levels.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ghost Trick heavily underexposed game
Even my friends who love Ace Attorney have never played it and I think no joke it is better than any one of those games

I liked all the Ace Attorney games but I started Dual Destinies and I think I can't play those games anymore. Like I just find it boring at this point

i beat the first two years ago when they came out then didnt really play again until dual destinies release, which inspired me to play through the ones i missed out on and replay 1. also yes ive beat ghost trick already, it was really good

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i dont wanna play apollo because unless im playing as phoenix or edgeworth its bullshit!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
alpha protocol was pretty cool with the rookie/veteran runs. you'd have to play through as the rookie class, which replaced some responses with thorton being a clueless idiot. then once you beat the game as a rookie you'd unlock the veteran class, and you'd be able to skip areas or bypass dialogue trees because you're now a smug super badass secret agent

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robot Randy posted:

alpha protocol was pretty cool with the rookie/veteran runs. you'd have to play through as the rookie class, which replaced some responses with thorton being a clueless idiot. then once you beat the game as a rookie you'd unlock the veteran class, and you'd be able to skip areas or bypass dialogue trees because you're now a smug super badass secret agent

The rookie lines were always funny to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Robot Randy posted:

it was sick when you get to the one area ending choices in Russia with the captive and the bomb and Veteran response is basically "I got this" and you can do both

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

The rookie lines were always funny to me.

"No, Thornton, there's not actually a cage match."

"Oh......"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Ive played thru Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger 4 or 5 times each. I have to space them out with years now in order to really get into them.

Souls games don't count for me because of the insane amount of build variety.

I'm gonna play through FF6 and CT this year, just waiting for the right seasonal feels. Probably summer

• Locked thread