Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

emocrat posted:

This is a cool write up, but you should know that the setup he did there is way more intense (and expensive) than you likely need. Meaning, don't get put off by his reported cost or the more complex looking stuff. Unify setup in my house dead simple I spent a total of like $250.

echoing this. Troy hunt is a solid pro and thats way overkill unless you are a IT guy with a wifi fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

couldcareless posted:

As an IT guy, I personal hate wifi but have accepted it as a necessary evil.

:smithfrog::respek::smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gounads posted:

What do you guys think about cutting off the tops of the floor joists in the bathroom so I can sink the shower down two inches and install gravel around it?

I wouldnt do that or some fuckwit may dox you and report you to the fun police

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ferremit posted:

Yeah a workmate saw us using it at work and put it in around his pool. Then had to go buy fake turf to put over it mid summer when one of the kids got burnt on his feet.

I installed some of the poo poo at work a few years back in summer (black with a garnet coating glued to it for anti slip on a viewing platform for a waterfall) and the poo poo got so hot by midday that we had to handle it with welders gloves because after about 2-3 minutes the riggers gloves were getting uncomfortably hot. 38 degrees air temp would have easily had a 60-70 degree surface temp

this is a great thing to know since i was toying with doing composite decking to redo my back deck, but yeah if it gets that hot in direct sunlight it would kill me because south facing no shade in FL

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

thank you friend.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gounads posted:

That's the kind of thing paranoid-me wouldn't put in writing on internet forums. I mean, there is at least one banned goon that narced.

eh he is back, just didnt give him his avatar back :smithfrog:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
there is a disturbing level of structural integrity under that bathtub friend, might want to look at that.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gounads posted:

In that picture, those are phone, didn't actually check what type of cable.

Upstairs closet has power, cable, and ethernet drops that run to every room I thought we'd ever need it in.

usually normal pots is run on cat 5 too nowadays..

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
maybe a spillway? cut up that nice new curb you just made? deeerp.. finish reading the post dumbass

anyhow they do make anti erosion material with ripples and whatnot for hills like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
looks great!

• Locked thread