Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Jordanis posted:

Those dumb little roof details on the gable ends are going to add like $1,000 to the cost of a reroof, let alone the initial cost to build them in the first place. Working at a roofing company has made me want to slap a lot of architects. That material that is specced to totally definitely last forever in an interior waterway loving isn't going to, stop designing buildings to drain to the middle in the pacific northwest goddammit.

i loving despise those little gable ends. I'm not sure why. I've never done roof work. I just think they look overly baroque and another point of failure. Maybe an ornate gable end hurt me as a child, I'm not sure.

AFewBricksShy posted:

A friend of mine has a more modern version of that in his house, and he told me that's the one thing he would change about the house. While it looks cool, it makes 2 medium sized rooms instead of one awesome room, and he wishes he hadn't done that.

Personally I prefer lots of small rooms. But, one can always make smaller rooms with partition walls, the reverse is more difficult.

Also larger rooms are more expensive to heat/cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread