Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Motronic posted:

I'll tell you it's a thing near where I am.

If you need your variance to be approved by a local elected (or appointed by elected people) board the rest of the non-elected-or-appointed public are supposed to have time to have a say about it.

This is exactly what happened when my neighbor wanted a permit to do pavers up to the edge of his property line. A bunch of us went to the meeting to support him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

"It's cool to drink booze on my site!" Isn't the vibe I would establish. Bring some pizzas?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I think how you dress up the wall around the false door is what will sell it more than anything. If it's the only thing there, and worse, there's just a switch next to it, it's pretty easy to distinguish.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Gounads posted:

What do you guys think about cutting off the tops of the floor joists in the bathroom so I can sink the shower down two inches and install gravel around it?

:perfect:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

We just painted our living room grey and it looks fantastic.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Also is that low voltage box supposed to be offcentered? Assuming this is for a TV and wondering how that is going to play with the thermostat.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I can't argue the quality but all the cheap mounts I've used couldn't be easier to install.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Did you try pressing in the test button and seeing what it does?

All my gfci outlets are green but that's just anecdotal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

V good thread, would thread again.

• Locked thread