Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005
IT is not like this everywhere where I live as long as you follow clear guidelines and get permits you are cool (throw that out the window if it is wetlands or something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I think the consensus is, even though you have saved lots, people feel like you just got ripped off on the electrical even if it is only a few thousand.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Looking good! I have enjoyed watching the progress of this.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Gounads posted:

What do you guys think about cutting off the tops of the floor joists in the bathroom so I can sink the shower down two inches and install gravel around it?

Go for it!

(in serious speak, I really like the look of that deck material)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Ferremit posted:

Composite decking looks good- just be aware that in direct sun it can get blazingly hot. Its a big issue where we've used it at work (before we knew this) because the plastic just holds in heat that natural wood does, on a 30+ degree (c) day the decking surface can get close to 50-60 degrees. Step on that barefoot and your going to know bout it.

Did not know this never heard it mentioned wow. Over 100 f Direct sun my wood deck (and all others) fine to walk barefoot on. That would be a deal breaker for me and my kids.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My back deck can get so much direct sun that even on a cool comfortable 75-80f day I've had one of those long trigger lighters "blow up" after being left setting outside all day

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Appliances look great! Very cool following the house build. That banister bugs me but it is a small detail.

About a year ago updated my original 1960 kitchen and modified original cabinets to fit a dishwasher and fit a microwave over the stove, holy smokes does it make a difference. We have not had any issues with the microwave over stove and my wife cooks and bakes ALL DAY multiple days a week (sells cakes and cupcakes and stuff)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Man if you sunk that tub a few inches it would be really nice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I enjoyed your thread, house looks great! Hoping that the water problem is solved. Thanks for all the updates!

• Locked thread