Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Luckily literally no other party is willing to cooperate with the nazi folks, so hopefully they'll just sit in the opposition not amounting to much. Still shame though, everyone I know is surprised and disgusted by this turn of events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Them flubbing the coalition was SaS not wanting to give money to Greece, the rest of the coalition going "you have to or we'll dissolve this coalition" but SaS didn't back down just as they said they wouldn't.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

yogizh posted:

SaS is ok. I voted for them before, but they made some promises which they dropped to compromise with their coalition partners. Such as even marriages, decriminalization of light drugs and progressive taxes.

This sucks but from a realistic standpoint there was no way to push this through when two of their coalition partners actually had Christian in their name. It would be even harder now since Smer actually voted marriage=man+woman into our constitution as a bribe to KDH for something or another. Unless SaS somehow gets parliamentary majority all by themselves it just isn't happening any time soon so prioritizing things like the economy and anti corruption measures is something I can forgive.

And yea Most are actually kind of alright, they don't have the Hungarians rule and gently caress everyone else thing (that's SMK who they originally split from). It's just that they don't really do much one way or another. Though at the moment they are being kind of dickish about not wanting to work with SNS when it looks like it will be either that or hold re-elections.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 10, 2016

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Václav is alright. As for the split, that was before my time but I think it was mostly due to issues of centralism and economic disparity - Slovaks thought the Czechs were running things too much while the Czechs were upset about having to support us with their economy (they had all the industry while Slovakia at the time was mostly farmers).

• Locked thread