Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Table: :geno:

:siren: National broadcasts blacked out by MLS Live in the United States :siren:

March 6
Portland vs. Columbus (ESPN)
Seattle vs. Kansas City (FS1)
Los Angeles vs. D.C. United (UniMás)

March 11
Orlando vs. Chicago (UniMás)

March 13
NYCFC vs. Toronto (ESPN2)
San Jose vs. Portland (FS1)

March 18
NYCFC vs. Orlando (UniMás)

March 20
D.C. United vs. Colorado (ESPN2)
Kansas City vs. Toronto (FS1)

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
My team is mint, and my coach is attractive. Your team is poo poo, and no one would gently caress it. Or you.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm hoping alien head, fail to score(yes I know he's out), and Italian midget get their poo poo pushed in today.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
The team that you invest your time and your heard earned dollars into is poo poo garbage and you shouldn't be surprised by this fact

:)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fucitol posted:

The team that you invest your time and your heard earned dollars into is poo poo garbage and you shouldn't be surprised by this fact

:)

But at least they don't play in a baeball stadium.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
So there will be six games finished before the first nationally televised game on this opening day of 2016. MLS couldn't have worked out a deal to show more games on this one day?

They setup some sort of "whip around" show with some stupid talking heads if anyone cares to watch. I turned it on for about 30 seconds, saw Mike Toole's and Hoover Dam's anime twitter, and turned if off. If I watned to watch a bunch of people staring at their phones for 6 hours, I'd just go out with my friends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY4iLxkeLgM

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

No you summed it up pretty well, and I actually like Hoover and Mike.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

But at least they don't play in a baeball stadium.

Except your team is guaranteed to play in a baseball stadium at least once this season.

If your team is in the west than it's prob a 50/50 shot of playing next to home plate for 90+ minutes.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
As with every year, check your TV's Direct Kick channels. It's probably on free trial for the first week.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

There are about 37 people in Red Bull Arena, best fans in the league.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Direct Kick is on free trial through next weekend. Unfortunately it's in SD on Xfinity, I would assume that MLS Live is HD?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

If Matarrita starts I will watch NYCFC, otherwise I'll watch Serie A. Later I will most likely watch CLB.

Thanks for reading my match day plans.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
There is only one game that matters. Today the Columbus Crew SC have their chance at not only kicking off a wonderful championship season, but also to get their revenge.

I am declaring today Alvis Day for Columbus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojWR6nR9ThY

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pinwiz11 posted:

Direct Kick is on free trial through next weekend. Unfortunately it's in SD on Xfinity, I would assume that MLS Live is HD?

Pretty much all out-of-market sports packages on TV are SD, barring one or two feeds. At least, that's the case for In Demand carriers.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

siggy2021 posted:

There is only one game that matters. Today the Columbus Crew SC have their chance at not only kicking off a wonderful championship season, but also to get their revenge.

I am declaring today Alvis Day for Columbus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojWR6nR9ThY

I'm not watching that, also kill yourself.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Last year I called for TFC to win it all, unfortunately they didn't listen to me.

This year will be different. Win for me, Gio.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I seriously think there's not a local broadcaster that handles their MLS coverage better than MSG does with the redbulls. (good) Pregame shows, post game, decent announcers.

Veron is out for this game, he pulled his hamstring after bagging a hattrick in a preseason game. Hopefully Baah is the real deal and holds down the backline.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Simone Poodoin posted:

If Matarrita starts I will watch NYCFC, otherwise I'll watch Serie A. Later I will most likely watch CLB.

Thanks for reading my match day plans.

Inter is gonna run over Palermo, you don't want to watch Pirlo's ghost linking up with a tico in a game they can actually win?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

I seriously think there's not a local broadcaster that handles their MLS coverage better than MSG does with the redbulls. (good) Pregame shows, post game, decent announcers.

Veron is out for this game, he pulled his hamstring after bagging a hattrick in a preseason game. Hopefully Baah is the real deal and holds down the backline.

I hate the banner that says "Supporters Shield Champions". It should say "Supporters Shield Winners"

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Tigren posted:

So there will be six games finished before the first nationally televised game on this opening day of 2016. MLS couldn't have worked out a deal to show more games on this one day?

Excuse me, the first nationally televised game on opening day starts (checks watch, turns on TSN) now.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

except canada isn't a nation so that game can't be considered nationally televised

hth

e - my shitposting is in midseason form rn

get on my level, scrubs

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Yay! MLS can drink now!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I've been drinking for months dreading these threads.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Announcers just called the Rapids a very bad team lol

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Hi I'm at the Fire game having a great time. Death to NYCFC. Go DC United later. Thanks central time for making it easier to watch west coast games. God bless Peter Wilt.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Davey Accam is alive and playing for the Chicago Fire and I'm hype.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Is ESPN the right spot for this one? The announcers sound like they're announcing from a closet.

e. I'm missing something here, this is a bunch of dudes sitting around talking

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I hope the wop midget scores goals and New Jersey gets mad about it

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

did osorio put highlights in, gently caress

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Azerban posted:

did osorio put highlights in, gently caress

the only highlights he'll have all season haha boom

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm cheering the Fire on here from home. The Fire are cool and good, NYCFC are

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Is ESPN the right spot for this one? The announcers sound like they're announcing from a closet.

e. I'm missing something here, this is a bunch of dudes sitting around talking

You're watching the league's whip-round show, ESPN doesn't have a game on until...Portland-Columbus in two and a half hours. If you have MLS Live and aren't in Canada you should be able to watch RBNY-Toronto (also Chicago-NYC and Orlando-RSL, which start in five minutes) on Live.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

I'm not watching that, also kill yourself.

It wouldn't be a true MLS opening weekend without being told to kill myself, thanks!

Depending on how the next few months go it's entirely possible I will.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

lllllooooooooyd..........

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Dallan Invictus posted:

You're watching the league's whip-round show, ESPN doesn't have a game on until...Portland-Columbus in two and a half hours. If you have MLS Live and aren't in Canada you should be able to watch RBNY-Toronto (also Chicago-NYC and Orlando-RSL, which start in five minutes) on Live.

Ohhh it's like Red Zone with a bunch of extra crap I don't really care about. Thanks, good to know.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Shoot, Gilberto!!!

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I like watching Toronto so I can see my favorite Rapids players on a cool and good team.

Edit: comparatively.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Oh poo poo the fire still suck

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
Apparently trying to use MLS live to watch the Orlando game lets me watch the NYFC game, which is supposedly blacked out for the NY area.

Good League this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That's a gorgeous goal from McNamara.

• Locked thread