Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Kinfolk910 posted:

So no one is curious that the Spiders actually found a route to the surface no one else knows about? Something people have legitimately spent two games finding?

They don't really remember how. They have the memory and focus of... well, spiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

¿Por qué no los dos?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Y'missed a [bronwyn] portrait on one of the talk lines.

And we missed you. :glomp:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

berryjon posted:

And next time, I enter the single worst dungeon in the history of Exile. Worse than even the blind, mapless teleporter maze. There are no words for the horror I am about to put myself through for your benefit.

Without playing this game, but reading your first two Exile LPs thoroughly, I can probably guess that well no poo poo it's the worst; Vogel opened this dungeon with demon golems.

And this update was going so well.

v v v :magical: Details! :magical:

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 7, 2017

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

The discussion of total war and collateral-damage-/civilian-massacre-as-policy gets into some philosophical ground. We of course would discount them as atrocious on their face because we lean pretty heavily toward humanism (sophontism?), and of course we would argue that people should - and that this may actually be a conservative position (!) - but we also have no reason to expect that to play in Exile's setting (although it'd probably play pretty well with Art herself, unless I've read her completely wrong for the past three-four years or so).

The real sign that even the wisest members of an enlightened ancient precursor race can be some dense motherfuckers is that they (at least, Rentar's faction; I'm not prepared to write off the Olgai entire yet) have made it policy to destroy a world that their only feasible potential allies consider their promised land and/or birthright, soon after they've gathered enough information to determine that they may in fact not be eternal and/or invincible, if they cared to determine anything from the information.

I foresee some literal weapons-grade 'what effects did you expect from these causes' and 'what were you hoping to accomplish' in Rentar's future.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 24, 2017

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Aww, the demons invited you to their playground with all the toys they gave you; how considerate of them! :kimchi:

Shame they tucker out so quickly.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm kinda surprised that before the war the Empire never demanded the return of certain artifacts on pain of e.g. stopping food aid.

That would be admitting there were ways out of Exile Avernum, which would do wonders for its utility as Garzahd totally Hawthorne's memory hole we swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Peachfart posted:

So, I'm a bit confused. Is it just a small faction of Vahnatai that are doing this?

Bon could be killed at leisure (or at least as soon as Art made contact).

There are just oodles of undead vahnatai running around.

Being as naive as anyone else who followed all three of these, I'm going to guess Rentar turned the Olgai into The Baddies.

• Locked thread