Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Aw dang. Missed the proposed characters. I wanted one with everything that would level at like, less than half the rate than the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Huh. That's a very nice piece of Art.

I'm curious though, if you always get some SP on level up if you have magic, why not always give at least one level of magic to every character? Does the initial investment cost more?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

berryjon posted:

If this wasn't for the LP, there would most definitely be a dead Spined Worm there. But the narrative of the story has it's own needs which take precedent over exploiting the AI, geometry and engine.
So uh, if this wasn't a fan fiction run, what would have happened?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

berryjon posted:

:facepalm:

I didn't make that connection. There was talk about the Worm earlier, and I thought you were just late to the reply. My apologies.
Haha, same here. I thought "spiny worm" was just some derogatory name for the dervish. :v:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
All of life is a sitcom, and the dead, the audience, can muster only canned laughter and skeletal grins, my grandad always said.

The same no doubt applies to LPs to some degree.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
The only magic that is good is the magic of love.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

There's also the issue of what happens when you bring deterrence into the equation: simply having tons of destructive potential can save lives by preventing conflict because no one wants the consequences that such a conflict would bring.

Alas, conflict is inevitable so yeah, in the vacuum that this is presented in it's hard not to agree. (Although magic can also cancel other magic out via protective spells.)
"My dynamite will sooner lead to peace than a thousand world conventions. As soon as men will find that in one instant, whole armies can be utterly destroyed, they surely will abide by golden peace."
- a man as equally wrong as you

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
The spiders are my absolute favourite thing about the Exile series thus far. They are so great.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
When I saw those super heavy potions, I just assumed they were potions for giants, i.e. giant sized.

Seeing as they have multiple charges, that theory got proven~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Ehhh, don't fall into the sunk cost fallacy. If LPing isn't bringing you any joy, give it up. Maybe the joy will return but as it, life is too full of us having to engage in things we don't like to survive without doing them in our spare time also.

Your happiness comes before our entertainment brah

• Locked thread