Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Finally got through the Exile 2 lp and this.
Love Art and her sweet spherical child. Half expected you to try clearing out that one Chitrach nest by New Formello during that last update, though.
Also on that topic, would the Chitrach nest count as a possible plague in Exile? Or maybe a practice one, since it's only affecting one town. The magic destruction cover up of the possible work area in the tunnels and the bugs suddenly popping up far from where they normally are seem like good points for the theory.

Gonna vote B for now, since you mentioned super spear was west and also may have been too hard to get at pre-giant fortress levels, so if that's still the case even after your newest training, then rounding out the map before you go that way feels like it ought to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
The presence or absence of realistically livable spaces in games is sort of interesting since it's not entirely related to genre, game type, size of the world, or previous games by the developers. You get something like Vogel's stuff which are big sprawling worlds with these small details added in and you have games of various genres that do it with level by level spaces, like the first three Thief games with their bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, etc or something like the camp in Psychonauts with cabins, outhouses, and a cafeteria.

Then you have something like Fallout 3, a sprawling 3d world with no farms, which fills places with people who all apparently have survived in one city for centuries while competing for food with all manner of other people and animals, but haven't cleaned out the food from grocery stores and subway terminal vending machines with see-though cases. And that was made by Bethesda only a few years after Oblivion, which had a sprawling 3d world with lots of housing and food sources.

berryjon posted:

Well, you can take out some frustrations on this armorers.

berryjon posted:

On this side of the river, I admit.

I plan the truely great weapon I'm going to make. The problem is, I need truely great material. You got any quality metal?....If you ever find a piece of truly unusual, exceptional metal

“Hello there! You lack a sign outside.”

but the plan grass tiles are actually affected by a randomizer

So, want to go back to the random shop there and see what he's come up with this?

Wasn't sure what was being admitted to, since there was a "is it a river" argument, not one that hinged on one side of it or the other. Did you mean "On this side is a river" and then followed up by the ocean bit?
Since "truly" gets spelled both incorrectly twice in one line and correctly twice in the next, thought I'd mention it, even if it's probably from the game.
The cow pic got used twice.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So, since the naga in the game have human heads, do you think the shed skins only go to the neck?

berryjon posted:

Aside from Anaixmander saying so?

Maybe this colony is to new?”

undead and lizards mostly mainly

There is not as many undead as I was expecting.

Feel like that last one should be"There are".

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So what happens if you try to get a look at the baby dragons?

Little disappointed none of the Khoth library books were like those romance novel stuff from the start of the game. I guess he sticks to non-fiction. Granted, I suppose most fiction would be about humans, which definitely wouldn't interest him now.

berryjon posted:

by striking out on your own, weaking both you and them?

My siblings wish to do battle. I with for our people to survive.

His voice is raspy, and laces with contempt

Assuming a couple cases of non-capitalization (Sass seeing Sulfras, Bronwyn seeing the sword) were on purpose for effect.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So, is it safe to guess you have to deal with some minor issue each time you come back to the not-yet-an-embassy? Or at least after you've spent a decent chunk of time away.

berryjon posted:

what does that make if, if they would do this, and you are still their hero?

curse. Of course there's a curse.

Don't really have much time for hobbies.[/i]

the one spells she is perfectly capable of breaking over her knee

Wasn't sure if the second one was lowercase on purpose.

Zagglezig fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 14, 2017

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I have to wonder about the ceiling height of that secret passage, if giants can regularly sneak in. It looks like a bit of a tight fit for them.

berryjon posted:

Well, good think I took yours then!

trying to sneak into the [b[giants cavern[/b].

Couple more spots where I'm sure there aren't any issues.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Maybe, but if he runs out, that's gonna be rough. If that's what the drug does, then withdrawal probably isn't gonna be fun, much less while you're fending off attacks from relentless beings trying to kill you.

berryjon posted:

one of the Empure's seemingly endless supply

In additions, I am the Jobs dispatcher.

Well, so sense in keeping things we aren't going to use.

Wasn't sure if the "s" on the second was on purpose or not.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
The contrast of this city with the others reminds me a lot of the contrast between the two cities in the second Quest for Glory game, only there the gloomy, closed off city was more a strictly tyrannical dictatorship causing problems rather than being beaten down by multiple issues.

berryjon posted:

Bourbon is 8 gold fora round.

You find a vacant, beary-eyed man

I don't know anything about that Skirbbane stuff

It that's what you want, I'll have to bid you good day.

She told be she knows something of the library

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Caught the shaper reference, but wasn't sure if it had been mentioned before in the game, so looked up exile and shaper. Turns out the Path of Exile game has a robed mage boss by that name.

So what are the golems made out of? Usually when they pop up in fiction they seem to either require a magic method to deactivate or disassemble or whoever is fighting them is in for a lengthy attempt to hack away at a very thick and solid body.
Doesn't sound like anyone is smashing their weapons just trying to scratch the ones we're running into, so are they more like how we imagine robots?

berryjon posted:

Same as I've done for fifty years. And you came to get me to leave, it ain't gonna' work!”

They're about to abandon my hoe to those overgrown statues

So, this is Tervrono.

That first one seems like it should have an "if" in there. The third has an "r" too many.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So, I assume you can't stop the golem output with the Furnace Draw button, at least not without more info. Normally, if I were just guessing about what that one did I'd imagine controlling either how much metal it's pulling out to mold into golems or how hot the furnace is to melt the metal for golems. That seems a little too convenient and likely to stop production for what feels like relatively early in the dungeon when you're not yet allowed to shut things down.

Update 53

berryjon posted:

Alright, we poke a hoe in the barrier

in the central spire that we could use to get in, or at least find out what he have done.

Update 54

berryjon posted:

And from comments in the thread, so to do many other people.

until you can't go any further, so south and angle into the empty area

Then no north-west around the machinery

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
But the Vahnatai didn't seem to be this mechanically minded. Out of the plagues we've had so far this one and cockroaches involved a lot of automated machinery. Trogs and Giants were just some sort of really big spell or series of spells. After the magic wall went up they were pretty much left to it.

Also, we've found various small bits of evidence, but have yet to fight anyone beside the plague monsters themselves, and accompanying environmental monsters, in the various source dungeons. Whoever is doing this always seems to be well gone by the time we get there and are pretty good about covering their tracks, so these weapons now feel a little odd, since previously it was sort of the occasional forgotten discard, not an entire half stocked room. Seems weird to have a comparatively large amount of evidence, especially gear for fighting off intruders, when whoever was here seems to be still as long-absent as ever.

Even that section in Exile near the town with the lethargic sliths, that may or may not be involved since there wasn't much to investigate, had the magically melted cave-in to blockade and destroy whatever was going on there.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Well, that's not what I imagined when you said you had a plan for Matthias' disease issue. Poor guy, he didn't get to visit that library he was saving up for, unless I'm just forgetting a revisit. It'll certainly be interesting to see how things go from here, in any case.

berryjon posted:

Perhaps the Vanhatai holed up in here

Rentar-Ihrno's response to the accusation. By fault entirely

We missed out out!

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Surprised there wasn't some kind of psychic super worm. The book felt like it was building up one.
Is there anything concrete to suggest when that expedition was sent out? Or do you just kind of have to guess from the state of the area and the mutated giants?

Update 56

berryjon posted:

Peace is a different monster at war.

Don't me. Tell me about these

Wasn't sure if the first was intended that way or not, since it still works in its own way.

Update 58

berryjon posted:

Niarl, Sass, take out some barriers

Update 59

berryjon posted:

Niarl can cast five distinct arrows at once

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, that was fun. The fake dangerous trials were a nice touch. Does the firewalk actually have real fire?

berryjon posted:

You have disturbed by Singing Nullity of Awesomness!

You talk to much

could cause people to loose basic skills themselves.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The only problem with this is that there's a number of places (like, say, going into any town or dungeon) where the game tells you to land before proceeding. Hope you like waiting out several months before you're allowed to proceed with the game!

Does the game not let you land when you choose, then? You have to use up all the charges and have it drop you?

berryjon posted:

but here we see to different overworld map tiles.

I an Raye. Have a seat.

A dozen wizards came form Imperial Centre and cast many spells

a torn vellum page ina thick book

Included Centre since you later say Imperial Center and I wasn't sure what the game used.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Eesh, that certainly sounds rough for someone going in first time and figuring things out organically.

How quickly would you typically go through energy potions in the larger world that isn't constantly draining you? Since the ring has limited charges, I assume 40 of that strength is normally more than enough?

Update 63

berryjon posted:

In this age of Fury and Blades, knowledge is a true weapons.

It may be simply better to lat it lay fallow.

Update 64

berryjon posted:

Sass, of you please."

Strong ones will get worn away before you can get dull use out of them

I don't need to fight you where and now.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Certainly packing in the updates this weekend.

I was starting to wonder where the Anama theft came in. I half-imagined they'd have one of the legendary items, but it makes sense to not force the player to burn a relationship bridge to get one of those.

...A Burma Shave joke, of all things.

berryjon posted:

“And what about the Anama?”
“The Anama are freaks. But

We go east form here to the stone square

Pretty sure that top question should be Bronwyn.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, that was some good stuff. Can you actually do anything to deal with Gale?
Guessing from the comments that you can't get a weapon for a culprit you didn't find "evidence" for.

Update 66

berryjon posted:

Otherwise the net such creature to come along will slay us.

Update 67

berryjon posted:

Alright, let's go talk to Anaxiamander.

a sssort of magical cirssissss handling center

Sass, the people of New Cotra?

Welcome to the Buker.

Couple things: should that be "crisis"? And did you mean for Sass to introduce himself a second time?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So for the quickfire-trapped towns, is there just one rune that would set them off or a few scattered around? Clearly few enough that the beasts can avoid it on purpose if they have some sort of magic sense or by accident.

berryjon posted:

These are Quickfire contianers.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I still wonder about all this mechanical engineering, since it seems so different from the Vahnatai architecture and such shown previously.

Good to see the game connects that magically melted cave section from the Exile bit.

berryjon posted:

there are bound to me more Alien Beasts down here

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Too bad about the Carrie bit. Tried looking online for that, since you might be repeating it anyway, but yeah, no luck. Mentions of the quest giver, but no one finding Carrie.

Whybird posted:

Unless they were particularly seditious cows, I suppose.

Those cows have seen things. Things that can never get out.

berryjon posted:

despite their increasing important in later games

Here is is 'Look' dialogue

Her voice scrapes its way out of her throat. “I was Linda.”

I have seem some of the spirits of those the demons slew

Never could I saw a word to her.

squeezed through a cracked all, and was near

You can't feel it. You'd not spirits.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Poor Bon-Ihrno.

The talking roaches setting up on Bigail doesn't seem too much of a luck thing. That's where the nest was, it's an island, and even the dumb roaches didn't seem inclined to fly over the sea.

Peachfart posted:

So, I'm a bit confused. Is it just a small faction of Vahnatai that are doing this?

Maybe not that small a faction, seeing as the whole Vahnatai city was emptied, but certainly not the entire species.

berryjon posted:

We've actually lower than the previous valley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Poor Erika and GIFTS. I assume the headless Bon-Ihrno happens regardless of whether you sleep in the bed?

Thanks for the LPs. They were all fun reads.

Update 72

berryjon posted:

But it's not what we're here or.

Our moreso, I know you would agree. This is for both of us.”

There is so salvation for her, Art-Iktah.

• Locked thread