Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
It's really quite astonishing just how large Valorim is. Good thing that Exile 3's conception of a day is quite generous :v: There'll be a lot of walking into trees and mountain's in Art's near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Fireball really is a beast in this game. For a very long time it just ends enemies, no questions asked. It was a bit of a shock when I played Blades and it felt like spells barely did any damage. I'm not sure if it was just perception or if Jeff put down some nerfs.

Did anyone actually explore Upper Exile first, up to places like Portal Fortress? I know I just went for the surface first thing :sun:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
If I was empress of the entire world and Australia got hit by swarms of super-sized modified creepy crawlies I think I'd take basically the same course of action as the Empire over the course of this game. I mean, if it doesn't work out then nothing of value was lost, right? :australia:

Does the Imperial Capital have a name? The wiki has an entry for it but it's hard to tell whether its info is actually from the games or fan-created.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

LuffyVeggies posted:

Oh boy, an Anama run? That sounds so fun and yet so hard. This may be a bit of a spoiler for me to ask, but is it impossible to complete the first quest if you're an Anama member?

IIRC Flamestrike, the priest spell should work, and maybe the fireball-emitting items

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

LuffyVeggies posted:

Of course, with all of the random Basilisks and instant-death stuff, you'd be insane to play any game in the Exile series hardcore without having the plot/locations/maps memorized.

To be fair there's the whole Raise Dead/Resurrect mechanic which only really comes into play if one refuses to reload.

There's a party instakill encounter in the next major plot quest, but of course any ironman player would know to just not walk on it.

also may a thousand plagues fall upon the accused Empire :krakken:

Redmark fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 22, 2016

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Yeah, the menu screen idle animation for one of the games (maybe this one?) even has a party get a guy killed in a dungeon somewhere, then have to lug the guy's stuff back to the healer.

I wonder how many people have actually ever done that. Probably not a high percentage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

wiegieman posted:

Jeff Vogel just did a reddit thing here, if anyone in thread is interested. It looks like he'll be doing the modern Avernum 3 next.

Jeff Vogel posted:

Erika, Solberg, and Linda are the tragic heroes of the saga. They all truly believe they are doing the right thing for their homeland. And then it all goes wrong.
Maybe crazy egotistical bastards, but bah gawd they're our crazy egotistical bastards :911: Exile archmages for president 2016

Also Jeff saying that he's not sure he still has the source code for the Exile games :smith:

• Locked thread