Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I just spent the past week archive-binging your trilogy of LPs. I played the heck out of these games back in high school, and it's a delight to revisit them. Especially with characters with some personality.

In the meanwhile, I say go east and get in some exploring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

And there's the consequences of an archive binge, you don't quite catch the rhythm of updates. Ah well!

In any case I've always been of the opinion that an LP should proceed at the pace of an author's motivation. If you need a break, take one rather than forcing things. We'll be here when you're ready.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Welcome back!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

& is probably a special character that causes the next word to be underlined in whatever language Exile 3 was written in. It was most likely intended to be a B&B. :eng101:

That's a common shortcut in Windows frameworks of the era, maybe even still. In a menu it would be a shortcut key and thus underlined. Not as applicable in a dialog box, but that's frameworks for you. It was probably fine in the Mac version and got mangled in the port to PC.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

We are definitely in the part of the game I don't recall very well.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I kind of wonder if the small towns large maps thing is due to a limit on the number of small maps that can exist. I might put the game on my system just to poke at it a little.

No votes on the knowledge brews from me. I don't have a good sense of what adds to the character builds any more.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I'm late to the party, but I would also like to register my frustration at that place .

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I'm just reading, not playing, and I'm feeling a strong sense of dread. To those who haven't played, yes, this dungeon really is that bad.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

That really is the best dungeon.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Zebrin posted:

Huh... so... Berryjon. With those reactions... And some of the earlier ones from earlier threads...
Is Art the Empress's mother?

That's what I've been assuming since sometime during the Exile 2 LP.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

As a software developer, if this were true I'd be on like my 50th computer by now. Thankfully we are well past the days when bad memory accesses could easily destroy everything. I'm not saying it's not possible to cause serious damage from an invalid memory access (which is what segmentation faults generally indicate), but generally it only happens because you're a malware author intentionally hopping through some complex hoops in order to exploit a security vulnerability.
:goonsay:

Someone hasn't made errors in a real-time embedded system and put them before the logic to allow it to be reprogrammed.. :doh:

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Thank you for these LPs. They were a pleasure to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Oh, something I picked up on way back in Exile 1 but I don't think anyone has mentioned yet -- Erika is Art's sister, isn't she? The Art/Erika interactions in Exile 1 read very much like a sibling spat, and the contrast of having two redheaded sisters, one a mage and one a priest, seems pretty classic.

I got the same impression as well. At the very least, it seems they knew each other before their exiles.

• Locked thread