Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Good back issue selection is always a high priority for me. Sure, I have my pull list, but I often browse the old stuff. Whether it's filling collection holes or something I heard about that I want to read.

My shop doesn't do this but I'd gladly pay a few cents extra for a shop to pre- bag and board my pull books.

Also, my shop has a small kids rack. I often take my 5 year old and sometimes my three year old. I'd like a little more variety and volume in kids books. And not just the new ones. Throw some old, 25 cent books on a spinner for kids (their parents) to buy. The crummy ones they'll fold no matter how much I tell them not to. I don't like seeing a $4 scooby doo wrinkled but I'm fine with a $.25 Iron Man or Archie getting a little hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Ya know what - I do have a question for you guys who run/work at Brick-And-Mortar Stores:

So, I've got a pull list, and there may or may not be things on it that I don't want anymore. But I feel weird walking in and saying "Ya know, Bob, I just don't want Captain Perfect anymore."

I get that it's my prerogative as the customer, but is this a thing you guys cringe at? Like, you know there are regulars coming in and that they're buying Capt. Perfect every month and now one drops it does that effect the bottom line (drop in the bucket, I know). I just don't want to make a guy feel like "Oh crap that's one less sale/one less order".

Am I being too empathetic? Too crazy?

Years and years ago, I just stopped going into my old LCS. The clone thing got to me, and I started getting into indie books and being all cool and college, but I left a poo poo load in my pull box that they added to for who knows how long and I kinda regret it to this day.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
If you ever come across those old Hulk magazines form the 70's please let me know. I need them to complete my Moon Knight collection.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
It was limit 2 at my LCS. I brought my kids, which I do on occasion anyway. Surprisingly my 5 year-old daughter passed on the Strawberry Shortcake. Both her and my son (3) grabbed the DC Super Girls book. My kids love the comic shop.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Rhyno posted:

Just to give a little perspective,

The Marvel, DC, IDW, DH and Image books cost retailers 25 cents each (plus shipping). The smaller press books range from 35-60 cents per book. So in cases like 200AD and Love and Rockets, the cost of those books is much higher for the shops. And let's be real, CA is going to outsell L&R at 99% of comic shops and there was a major film scheduled to drop so the choice was pretty clear on where the money was going.

So this makes me wonder - since you have to pay for the "Free" comics, is the day a financial success for retailers? My shop seems to do well. Do you get a lot of new customers out of it? Or at least additional sales in other march that day? It's been going on for 15 years so something must be going right.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
You fellas just gonna talk or are you gonna post links to these marketplaces?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

kizudarake posted:

Go to amazon.com and click "sell your stuff on Amazon"

I want to buy stuff, dingus. From dudes like Rhyno.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
What with the holidays and everything I haven't been to my LCS in weeks and you all got me feeling bad about myself/nervous as heck.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
My guys kinda know I come in sporadically so it's cool. I even asked him once and he said it's no bother.

Plus, I pretty much always buy stuff off the rack as well as my pull and occasionally bring my kids who pick out comics too.so no one is really getting hurt here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Rhyno posted:

Tuesday delivery, early books, etc

I know this is a ways back but aren't most shops closed on Tuesdays for this reason? I mean, it's not mandatory but every shop I've ever been to is usually closed the day before new-book day.

• Locked thread