Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Over the weekend someone found a copy of Marvel Super Heroes #8 in our $1 back issue bins. I am told he did a mocking "gently caress you" happy dance to my coworker who rang him up and bragged that it's worth hundreds of dollars. For those who are unaware the book is the first appearance of Squirrel Girl.

Well joke was on him, three pages of that story were ripped out of the book, that's why it was in the $1 bins. So he comes in today and he's loving PISSED and is making accusations that we ripped him off. And not only does he want his money back, he wants to be compensated for the loss he's going to take as he claims he already had it sold for a large sum before he inspected the book.

Y'all can guess how I dealt with that.

I need to check this thread more often this is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I like the look of the new rack but it looks a lot smaller width wise? Im guessing having to get a couple more to fill the necessary space isn't a concern though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah not gonna lie many an hour was spent with my rear end parked in the magazine/comic racks of the grocery store reading sonic books while my parents shopped

Glad i grew outta that one

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Space Fish posted:

Book Riot would like a word with you... retailers.
Things We Want Our Local Comic Book Stores To Know

quote:

4) LCS, there’s much that I love about you, but, please: get rid of the Trump merchandise.

Sever

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I wonder how lucrative that actually is for them. I can't imagine flipping your discounted xmen blue 6 is gonna net you a profit worth your time. And the way variants work (at marvel at least), you're just tanking your store's profit margin so you can score an extra six pack of beer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well you see, just by virtue of someone wanting it bad enough to steal it, the valuation increases a hundredfold

• Locked thread