Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

I've seen a bunch of places upcharging on those loving things and it makes my blood boil.

Also if your shop doesn't bag & board for free you should find a new loving shop.

Lmao didn't you rip some guy off for his new 52 Batman, that you bought out of pocket on the clock, so you could resell it to the store for more money

gently caress off rhyno you don't get to talk poo poo about anyone's business practices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

Which part?

We base our sales on what has sold previously. For new books we make educated guesses on how much to order.

As for why I don't like dealing with them, you tend to get a few weirdos who get upset when you don't pull a copy of Everyman #438 because Nobodyman made a guest appearance AND THAT'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THAT.

You know what helps make educated guesses

Information about how many people are demonstrably interested in it such as how many people have added it to their pull list

You're a loving crazy person

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

Yeah that's about 10% of the incident, go ahead and omit the part where he was making vague threats of violence if we didn't buy his comics.

yeah uh huh sure that's why you were crowing about getting one over on this dude and it wasn't part of the story you told

Rhyno posted:

Preorders are useless and the bulk of the larger retailers in this industry agree with that.

Rhyno posted:

No other industry functions in this manner. When a video game sells out it's not like there's never going to be another copy pressed. If we didn't have to worry about order thresholds, sales gimmicks and products being unavailable before they even hit the stands this industry would be much stronger.

Edit: I am talking about the system of preordering product, not pull lists.

and i was talking about pull lists and knowing ahead of time how many people for sure want something which is not the same as a preorder you fuckin loon

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
guy who acts like a belligerent rear end in a top hat all the time doesn't know poo poo about the industry he claims to be an expert on, passerby amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

I don't know what you're talking about anymore.

And yeah, what I did was wrong and I did own up to it. Doesn't change it but I admitted it was wrong in that same thread dude.

no you didn't, because i spent multiple pages calling you a shithead while you defended yourself, but its weird how more details crop up that paint you as the good guy, glad to see you haven't changed any

also i'm responding to you being mad as gently caress about pull lists to tell you that pull lists are good and give you information about what you should order for quantity, for example if only one person puts it on their list, maybe don't order 100 copies of Spider-Man's Dentist #1. you seem to equate adding poo poo to your list with preordering which isn't nearly the same thing, but again, you being a belligerent rear end in a top hat is the norm

edit if you expect me to believe you have ever admitted fault in your entire posting career you are dumb as heck

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 14, 2017

• Locked thread