Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hello Rhyno, I think this could be a v. entertaining thread, but also one in which we all learn a little something. Thank you for posting it!!!!!

I have a question, which is: What was the weirdest combination of items that a customer has ever made as a single purchase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

We don't really carry the super weird stuff out of previews, no Anime statues and nothing super mature because that's pretty much throwing money away on unsold merch. I did have a guy get ask for those super hero dildos a few months ago.

Did he make the request as you were ringing up his giant stack of Owly books or anything :dogbutton: like that?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Related question, what would you say is the most useful stat for a comic book shop guy: Strength, Intelligence, Energy Projection, Mental Powers, Fighting Ability, or Speed?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

As goes wherever Rhyno is, so goes the nation.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Related, I had a guy int he store who claimed that several books on the wall were stolen from him in the last year. I pressed him for a timeline because I know exactly when certain things were bought but he was being very vague so it seemed as if he was lying. He demanded we return "his" property so I asked him to bring me a police report detailing his stolen books and that seemed to discourage him.

That sounds like it would be a good general policy. You might want to ask the store owner to spend the couple/few hundred bucks to pick a lawyer's brain for an hour on how to handle that sort of thing, because I wouldn't be shocked if there's some liability involved for handling it the wrong way.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Beg him to read and sign your Just Shoot Me! doujinshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I need some ideas. Comic book dividers suck. They're thin and flimsy and the tab breaks off easily, especially when used to organize back issues that are frequently sifted through. I'm looking for an alternative. I was thinking maybe some sort of acrylic, or maybe some cheap plywood. I just need something that will actually hold up over time.

Search wire shelf divider on Amazon, and see if any of those look needs-suiting.

• Locked thread