Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
On the previous page someone mentioned that a comic shop/game shop/brewery combination had opened. Now you often see the first two together but brewery seems like an unusual addition. Does anyone else know of any strange comic shop + something combinations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Rhyno posted:

Today a dude came in with a complete Preacher and I was pretty hyped because they are selling for great money right now. But while looking them over and checking for any damage I smelled the cigarette smoke on the bags and even after taking them out you could still smell it. That's potentially $600+ worth of comics he absolutely ruined.

Are the smokey comics worth anything at all?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
A friend of mine used to keep a pile of Gambit comics next to a toilet as reading material. I could very easily believe the comics that guy tried to sell you were covered in human urine.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Rhyno, how would your store have coped if it faced the up to 25% price increase that UK comic book stores have had to deal with?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
What's an anime club shirt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
So if I walked in off the street and said "hi, do you have the new issue of All New Wolverine?" the shop would say "no, but we can order you the 2nd printing, come back when it's out and we'll have it for you". Then I suppose it's up to me whether I wait or if I try and track down the issue elsewhere.

• Locked thread