Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

You jerk!

So let's talk about the Amazon Marketplace for a moment. My store has been using it as a way to move dormant inventory for several years. About three years ago we discovered Fulfillment By Amazon, where you prep and pack your items in bulk, ship them to an Amazon warehouse and they sell and ship it for you. There's higher fees but the man hours it has saved us are countless. I no longer have to spend multiple hours packing items a week and then making PO drops and since FBA uses UPS we don't have to do anything other than tape the boxes shut and poo poo that poo poo out. We make several thousand dollars a month on Amazon this way and it allows up to keep our shelves clear of clutter and constantly move new merchandise into the store.

FBA is also probably more appealing to the buyer as well, because I believe items that are handled through that process are eligible for Prime shipping because they're in an Amazon warehouse, so given the choice between buying the thing and paying however much to get it in like 2 weeks if you're lucky, you can just get it a day or two from now and pay nothing more than what you already paid for Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

How many Suicide Squads and Harleys are you selling this weekend?

Well, going by the previous post, either none, or all of them, depending on when this dude came in?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Sounds to me like you're not going to have a comic shop much longer.

On the plus side, enjoy your new card/tabletop game shop?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

They sell comics. It works like this, if 10 people have AN Wolverine on their pull lists, they order 10 copies. Before they'd order 15 or 20, and end up stuck with a bunch of extras. I'm not sure why this is a hard concept for you to grasp.

Yes, but how do attract new customers to that aspect of the business if there's no visible evidence that it even exists. Plus even though a lot of us are very plugged into online culture and I bet you've seen the odd book on a comics store shelf that you've though "huh, looks neat, how come I never heard of it?". That's not going to happen if you're skimming Previews

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Look at it this way, replace 'comics' with any other product and you'd think they were getting out of that market. If they weren't ordering new Magic booster packs, but you could get them on order specially with a membership, you'd think they were stopping doing Magic cards.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The new racks utilize the same A-frames as the old ones so the footprint remains essentially the same.

That would've been my only critique, if you were losing the endcaps. Otherwise looks neat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jesus, and Dark Phoenix too?!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But didn't Marvel count those as well like when Loot Crate threw in an issue of Rocket Raccoon one month and the charts showed that book moving like 300k?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

In this issue, Ms Marvel gets what every woman truely wants!

Horrifying PTSD and the certainty that internalised misogyny is inescapable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Heathen posted:

I don't blame them for thinking Captain America #25 follows Captain America: Sam Wilson #24 and not Captain America: Steve Rogers #19

...Wait, they're cancelling the Steve one, but rebranding the other one to be about Steve? Is #20 not a round enough number? Why not just have Sam Wilson #25 just be the first Falcon issue? Gah, I'm normally OK with relaunches, but this is just dumb.

• Locked thread