Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
The reason I continue to shop at my local comic book store is because they can manage a pull list.

I got back into comics two years ago when the new Darth Vader comics came out. But the local comic shops had closed so the only place to get them was this used book store called 2nd & Charles. They are a chain of used book stores that also sell a bunch of used stuff like video games, CDs and trendy nic-nac crap. They had a bunch of comics and were getting new issues, even exclusive Marvel variants.

So I naively signed up for their pull list and what followed was a half year of comedy. They didn't even order the comics I asked for, they didn't order any Darth Vader comics after issues #3, They lost six issues of secret avengers in their box. They would routinely try to sell me other people's orders because they kept forgetting if comics go behind or in front of people's list.

I tried to explain to them that this was a problem, but they never really seemed to understand that it was a problem. They just kept telling me they were comic book fans too.

Thankfully a comic book store opened up a couple of blocks away and they are able to sell me comics and keep a pull list. I enjoy being able to walk into their store and buying the comics I asked for in my pull list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread