Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

As far as clothing goes, when you order, is it just one of each size? I swear my local shop only carries large and extra large of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Peanut Butler posted:

I just started working at a local comics store, it's pretty rad so far; awesome manager, rad customers, unsettling owner (who mostly works the convention circuit).

My manager mentioned to me the other day that a good way to make some extra cash on the side, and a major perk of the job, is to buy up hot new issues (esp. variants) with our discount on Wednesday and flip 'em on eBay over the next week- does anyone know a good resource to follow for what's especially in demand?

WTF? Your manager literally told you that hurting the stores bottom line is cool? I literally can't even. I'm a bartender by trade and that's like my manager telling me buy a bunch of shots when it's happy hour and resell them when it's not! What the gently caress

Edit: your manager is stealing from the store.

Old Man Pants fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 17, 2017

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Peanut Butler posted:

lol what, you've never comped a drink or discounted a tab for a regular knowing it'll net you a fatter tip and a loyal customer? Maybe that's more of a dive bar thing, idk what kinda place you work at, but it was typical when I was bartending

the owner sees that some workers are buying 2-3 copies of books he also knows are gonna take off, and orders extras. We're not selling em, like, outside the store with a big sign that says "cheaper than inside!", we're doing comics speculation online with an edge of being closer to the top of the distribution chain and cutting costs by a buck

I mean comping a drink for a regular is one thing but this is ordering extra inventory to do so, and telling a new employee that's the way things are rung. Ordering extra inventory to give away seems like a super lovely business plan and telling a new employee hey you can give poo poo away for free or sell it for your own profit for side money seems ludicrous.

• Locked thread