Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Everything is marked up, yes. But it doesn't help that they opened in one of the worst malls in Orlando, on the edge of our very touristy part of town (International Drive, gateway to the theme parks), but the less-traveled edge that tourists and locals alike avoid. The mall has a few big anchor stores like a Bass Pro Shops and a Western wear store that attract rednecks, but the rest has been made over into a weird real-life Etsy/craft fair with small booths hosting local artists and craftspeople hawking small-batch, homemade goods. And there is also the saddest Fuddruckers ever, and that used to be my favorite burger joint.

If you ever find yourself in Orlando, let me know, and I'll take you to lunch somewhere awesome and show you all the good comic shops.

Is Sci-Fi City still around? That's the store I went to when I lived in rural N. Fla. Had to drive two hours to get there so I only went 2-3 times a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It is, although it has probably moved once or twice since your day. I actually work within walking distance of it now, but I never go. It must be great for gaming, but their selection of TPBs, back issues, and action figures is lousy, and that's how I rate a good comic shop. Plus, we're completely spoiled for great comic shops here, including several in my immediate area.

I'll admit I went mostly for gaming stuff but picked up a few TPBs if they looked interesting. I also used to go to Xeno's/Borderlands in Jacksonville if I had to go north instead of south.

• Locked thread