Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
It looks like your bottom row butts up against the row above it in the proposed configuration. Is it just an illusion, or is there more space between the other rows than the bottom two? Was that the price you had to pay in order to fit an additional row? If so, I'm not sure how I feel about the new configuration. There's already considerably more effort involved with picking something up from the bottom shelf compared to something at waist-to-chest height, so if you need the extra row or are set on adding it, maybe think about putting the "boxed in" row closer to the middle of the rack.

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you wouldn't be losing your endcaps in the new configuration. That's good, but there are other things to consider. Sight lines, for example. I'm not sure how important they are to your store's employees, but increasing product density and adding toppers might cut them down to the point where you can't tell if a customer is behind there. Of course, this is less of an issue for perimeter displays, but it is an issue to think about for an aisle rack.

Additionally, the toppers could be a potential detriment from a consumer psychology perspective if the rest of your store is otherwise "open" (e.g. if you can see the back of the store from just inside the entrance), which it appears to be from your most recent post. A tall, "cluttered" display can create a claustrophobic effect if it blocks light sources. However, the toppers do provide a cross merchandising opportunity if you tailor the products to be relevant to the comics on each side of the displays, which would require an added weekly effort at minimum for some number of sides on one or more racks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread