Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I have an epidemic of people who just sit on the floor and read stuff. When I shoo them away they say they'll just go rad it at B&N. Fuckers.

As a paying customer (of other places unfortunately), I appreciate this so much. I've had to return books with pages torn out because of that behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What else are they selling that they can just drop new issues?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

one dude who is getting close to being canned because he's just too loving weird.

Define weird. What are we talking about here? Is he a bit to passionate about certain comics and goes into customer offending rants or does he fart into cash registers?

Have you tried talking to him about it?

Also in that same vein of not carrying comics, I know a hobby shop guy that tried to do comics for a bit. After a year he just gave up because no one would buy from him. Including regulars, who would actually meet up at his store, then drive to another store, buy a comic there, and then drive back and read it in his store. I think he had one guy that had a decent pull list, and I bought a few trades from him.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Well, This happened.

Just a heads up, be careful out there Rhyno.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

IT'S AN EXCELLENT SOURCE OF FIBER

So what you're saying is, you hope that kid has a lovely day?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You say, eyeing your OSKO Transformers.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Medullah posted:

I genuinely don't see the appeal of most of them. I bought the Saga set because I freaking love the book and there's not a lot of merchandise out there, and I've grabbed a few others that aren't horrifically misshapen, but for the most part I don't see the appeal of a bobblehead that doesn't bobble.

That's all you need to know about why Funkos are/were popular, once they started going hyper mainstream, they started dying.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

twistedmentat posted:

and a lot of my friends have got Steven Universe ones because that's the only merch you can really get).

There are some Mcfarlane fake lego things of the SU cast, I kind of want the Van, but it's basically a sticker with some Legos under it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

Those things are junk and the price point is insulting. We opened a Rick & Morty set for display and there were a bunch of essential pieces missing.

I was just saying there were alternatives to Funkos.

I picked up the Governor's room with the light up head cases, and it was pretty dire. Kind of magical that the Governor can't sit on his chair.

• Locked thread